Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Swimsuit shopping

All I can say is ugggh! We're going to Lake Powell the end of this month (which of course I am soooo happy about...and w/OUT kids thanks to Derrin and Nicole - you guys are awesome!). But that means I need a new suit (or 2, or 3...if we're going to be there 5 days I've got to have at least 2 to rotate through!). So last night I was up til 1 am shopping online. NOT fun. But trying to shop w/2 small kids wasn't happening either and I'm running out of time. The thing is, when I shop online - which I really rarely do - I hate getting the wrong size, having to return it, and then try again, and then usually again, etc. So I bought like 3 sizes of the same suit, thinking one of them has to fit, right? And I did this with a few suits. Let me tell you, I racked up quite the bill :) BUT, about 80% of my purchases will be returned AND I easily spent over the amount which gave me free shipping :) so hopefully in the end, the amount won't seem quite as bad, and I'll end up with a suit I like. Then the search begins to find a cute cover-up I like! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

GOOD LUCK! I would be so interested to know which place you have the most success with. And I hope you LOVE at least one of the suits!!! I found one I love, but man I need to loose the loose skin and fat on my belly and hips. The things we go through having babies. Man, oh man.

Katie said...

Hey you should check out Shade store in the mall, as well as Down East. Both had some cute swimsuits and coverups. And, good luck, I hate swimsuit shopping!!!

marissa said...

Swimsuit shopping is the worst! I just saw some cute ones at layersclothing.com. Have fun on your vacation - it will truly be one without the kids! Good luck with the swimsuits.