Monday, September 29, 2008

Gavin's Birthday

Gavin's birthday "party" was a total bust. And, I will mostly take all the credit for that. I couldn't help that Gavin wasn't feeling 100% or that 6 teeth were coming in all at once! We kept it very simple. Only a few presents, our little family, and my parents, who were in town. The problem was that his birthday was the day before we left for Portugal, and I insisted we celebrate ON his birthday (like he cares/knows...Mia, at 3 didn't even know we celebrated her birthday 2 weeks late!). We were mostly packed and all, but there was just a lot of stress and tension that night. And it definitely didn't help that we didn't start the party til after 8 pm (um...he should have been in bed and asleep, and we were forcing the poor kid to eat cake!) Oh well...live and learn, right? My dad did manage to get a few good pictures:



He did LOVE the new trucks Grandma and Grandpa Hastings got him.











He looks like he's interested in that cake...but no, he could have cared less. All he really did was touch the top of it.

And see that candle? I had to get it from my neighbor Mauri, who saved the day. I didn't even have a single candle in my home! I owe you, Mauri!!!
Mia, of course, had no problem "helping" Gavin eat his cake!
That was the only bite he took...and we forced it! We had to stick his fingers in the cake. We thought once he had a taste, he'd enjoy it and get into it. But he was done after just one taste, so we quickly, and finally, put our little birthday boy to bed!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you managed to squeeze in some birthdays between all the vacations! Happy Birthday to Mia and Gavin!!!

Mauri said...

What a great neighbor you have! I'd call it even...I think I've borrowed plenty of things from you, books, soy sauce...and on and on...

Cothran Family said...

Happy late birthday to your babies! It seems like I was just holding your 7 week old Mia. We love you guys. We need to hang out again. I also love the newborn shots of the kids.