Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Food Ideas

Need a fun and easy idea for dinner on Halloween? My friend Mauri had a neighborhood Halloween party for the kiddos and I helped her with the lunch. We had so much fun eating yummy treats and playing fun games. Here's a sampling of the food to give you some fun and easy ideas.
Mini mummy pizzas:These are not actually mine; I forgot to take pictures as I was hurrying to get them finished. This picture I just found on the web. I think mine were cuter, but you get the idea!
Mummy hotdogs: Sorry this pic is so small; another from the web.
Now for the treats:
Witch's Hats
(fudge stripe cookies and a hershey kiss)
And Ghost cookies
(Nutter Butters dipped in melted white chocolate and mini choc. chip eyes! Mia loved helping with the eyes! The skewers were kind of annoying. I did some without and they were just as cute!)

And I think for our dinner this Halloween we are going to have pumpkin pancakes (orange batter and choc. chips to make the jack-o-lantern face). I will most likely make regular round pumpkins, but I found this tip:
To make pumpkin shaped pancakes, spray inside of pumpkin shaped cookie cutter with no-stick cooking spray. Place on hot skillet. Fill with 1/4 cup batter, cooking for 2 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove cookie cutter (it will be hot). Flip pancake to cook other side.
Why not for breakfast you ask? Our breakfast usually consists of a breakfast bar or bag of cereal which can be taken in the car :)

One of my college friends did a super cute dinner and posted it on her blog here. It's a Mr. Bones dinner. You make a veggie head/fingers/toes, spaghetti intestines, and breadstick bones. Check it out! So cute if you have the energy!

Hope you all have a very Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

All of those ideas are so stinkin cute!

TX Hazens said...

Those are darling. I wish I had a picture of the spider cupcakes we made. I always forget to take pictures.

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

What cute ideas! Thanks for the shout out. Also, take a look at this recipe blog: www.rightonrecipes.blogspot.com for an awesome pumpkin pancake recipe. Seriously, it's so good.

Coombs Family said...

Thanks for all the ideas. I am always looking for something new.

Cothran Family said...

Cute ideas Jamie! That piture of Mia trying to get the treats is priceless! Love it. We need to hang out... no, we actually need to hang out!!! Happy Halloween!

Kelly said...

Since Celeste has a "Halloween Birthday", we are celebrating with a couple of those same treats!! I also made these cute skeleton cupcakes I found on family fun.com. I love this holiday and all its fun treats. I am so going to keep your ideas for next year!!
Happy halloween a day late!

Kelly said...

Oh, I forgot...we are identical to you for the breakfast! We make pancakes probably once a week (Dana's night to cook), and we almost always use chocolate chips, and for sure pumpkin in the fall. My kids absolutely love it!
Have you ever made this?
Take a box of spice cake mix, and add a regular size can of pumpkin. Mix it up and pour in a cake pan or muffins (I did 4 mini loaves), and bake at 350 for 30 minutes- so delish!! Easy too!!
We even top ours with cool whip!
So good! So easy to take somewhere this season, too!