The kids and I have all been sick the last couple of days, and I was soooo sad for Mia who started running a fever the night before Christmas Eve. She's finally at an age where she's starting to "get" Christmas and Santa, but she was so exhausted I was afraid she'd just be too tired to care! We had to run some last minutes errands Wednesday morning, and when we got home she went straight to chair to lie down. Poor girl! Thankfully after a good nap and some tylenol, she was feeling better and was ready for Christmas Eve!
Then it was time for presents. Jared got his dad a new climbing harness (in anticipation of them moving to St. George!)
Mia & Gavin each got their own real soccer ball from Grandma & Grandpa. They were sooo excited - we seriously could have ended Christmas right there! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!
Gavin would NOT put his ball down and freaked out if we tried to take it. Thus, no good picture of him; he was too busy playing to stop for a picture!
Mia, on the other hand, was more than thrilled to open another present!
Yeah! New Jams! What a shocker :) Like I said though, the kids were too tired and wound up to try and get a picture, so even though it killed me to not have a picture of my kids in their Christmas pjs infront of the tree, I just let it go and we put them to bed instead!
We really had a nice, stress-free evening. The kids were in bed by 8:00, I had only about 30 mins left of wrapping to do, and then Jared and I even watched a movie before going to bed! WOW! How nice was that?!
We loved having Grandma and Grandpa Richards come over and share our traditional Christmas Eve fondue dinner! YUM! We do our "big" dinner on Christmas Eve, and then Christmas day we just chill - it's so nice!
He wouldn't even stop playing long enough to open his Christmas pjs...so I didn't even get a picture of him in his new jams til the morning!
Mia, on the other hand, was more than thrilled to open another present!Yeah! New Jams! What a shocker :) Like I said though, the kids were too tired and wound up to try and get a picture, so even though it killed me to not have a picture of my kids in their Christmas pjs infront of the tree, I just let it go and we put them to bed instead!
We really had a nice, stress-free evening. The kids were in bed by 8:00, I had only about 30 mins left of wrapping to do, and then Jared and I even watched a movie before going to bed! WOW! How nice was that?!
1 comment:
What a fun time. I'm impressed you managed to get in a movie. We managed to get to bed by 1:30, and I thought we were doing well. I think that was a record for us.
Post a Comment