Monday, March 2, 2009

Spring Harvest

What happens when you plant carrots in your garden in the FALL, and then leave what's left throughout the winter?
You end up with 1 ENORMOUS carrot!!!



Here's all the carrots we were able to find:Yes, we had a roast yesterday and it was delicious! I was a little nervous about using these carrots, but no need to worry!

Of course Mia got her little shovel and helped us dig for carrots (we didn't have the the heart to tell her she was just digging around a weed - she was working so hard at it!). And yes, it was the middle of the afternoon and she was wearing her jammies. I do make her get dressed in the morning, but most days, by mid-afternoon, she's back in her jams. Oh well - it makes bedtime one step shorter!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Who knew that was possible?

Kelly said...

That is amazing!! you should submit that to some carrot website- that is awesome!

marissa said...

I did some catching up on your blog today. AWESOME carrots and really CUTE hair cuts for you and Mia! Your bangs look way cuter than sophomore year :)

Cothran Family said...

That is awesome! I love the HUGE carrots! Mia's hair is sooo cute and I love the cousins in the tub.