Thursday, December 30, 2010
10 Years
To celebrate 10 fabulous years, here's 10 things about us...
1. Jared & I met Spring semester (BYU) 1999; we hung out a lot. We started dating Fall of 1999. January of 2000 I went to Russia for 6 months {I swear that's the only reason we ever started dating...Jared knew I was leaving :)}, we spent one week together in June of 2000, and Labor Day weekend of 2000 we "officially" decided we would get married. So from the time we met, til the time we were married, we spent 7 out of 20 months in the same location.
2. We were married in the Portland, OR temple. Neither one of us is from Oregon, by the way...
3. Jared is the only one I've kissed. This alone kept him from kissing me for a long time. He was convinced that girls who have never kissed anyone will just fall in love with the first person they kiss because they don't know any different. Hmm. maybe he was on to something after all... :)
4. After we decided we were going to get married on December 30th, I told Jared I WOULD have a ring on my finger 3 months prior to our wedding date. I was NOT planning a wedding without a ring. He proposed on September 30th.
5. For the first 3 months we were married we lived with Jared's brother Dan, his wife Melissa, and their young daughter. We were all living together in a house in Provo. The "plan" was for Jared and I to live in the basement. It took a lot longer to finish than anticipated. Present time, Jared and Dan get along great and hang out all the time. But then...not so much. 2 bedrooms right next to each other and we all shared 1 bathroom (that was connected to the master). It was all around awful for everyone involved...but it does make me laugh now :)
6. Jared loves to push my buttons. Drives my crazy...even when I know he's doing it just to do it!
7. We were married for almost 5 years before Mia was born. That was on purpose.
8. We've lived in the basement in Provo, and our current house in Lehi. We've owned 7 different cars.
9. I insist on Jared's input on even the smallest of decisions; even when it has nothing to do with him or will in no way impact him. Drives him crazy :)
10. We will celebrate this anniversary with a trip to Venice and the Greek Isles in the Spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary to you! 10 years, that is exciting. I am going to tell David I want to celebrate our 10 year Anniversary in September the same way you are...hmmm....probably not going to happen.
Hard to believe how fast time flies!! Congrats on the first 10 years!! Many more to come, and with a trip like that- you might just keep him around more, right?!!
Oh, and pushing buttons just to do it is so Jared- it drove Dana crazy too!! ha ha
Post a Comment