Thursday, January 13, 2011

9 months

Tessa turned 9 months on Christmas day.  So naturally 2 weeks after Christmas when we were back at home I made her put on this "baby's 1st Christmas" T that I got for $.25 on clearance at Target last year.  Doesn't it look like it could have been from my first Christmas?!



At nine months:
  • No teeth.
  • Nurses 4 times a day (this is by FAR the longest I've ever gone nursing.  Both Mia & Gavin were DONE by 9 months!)
  • Can pull herself to a standing position and therefore sitting is no longer acceptable.
  • Still has blue eyes (can you tell I'm still surprised by this?!  Loving it, but still waiting for the day they change)
  • Will eat anything.  She is starting to get more table food and LOVES it. 
  • Can NOT hold a bottle or sippy cup unless she is lying down.  Apparently we need to strenghten those arm muscles :)
  • Loves to look over my shoulder and play peek-a-boo with Jared at bedtime.  So cute.
  • Is happy and easy and content (97% of the time).
  • Thinks Mia and Gavin are hillarious. 
  • Sleeps on her side with her face in the crib bumper...I would too if I were her.  The fabric is a super soft, almost furry material.  She snuggles right up into it every time she sleeps.
  • Loves her binky, but not as much as the other 2 did.
  • Is still tiny.
She had her check-up today and here are her 9 months stats:
Weight - 15.72 lbs (3%)
Height - 25 inches (0.5%)
Head - 16.75 inches (9%)

I'm going to hope that the height thing was a fluke...ya know, maybe they just didn't get her straigtened out all the way?!  All 3 kids were small babies, (usually around 10% height/weight for their 12-18 months) but she is definitely the smallest!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Such a doll! A tiny one- but that is good too! Love those eyes and that she stands so strong! I can't believe it's been 9 months already!! Where did the time go?!!

David and Jana said...

Amazing how quickly 9 months goes by. She is a cutie!

missliss5/Melissa said...

She is such a smiley little beauty. And I think those blue eyes are here to stay!

Juliann said...

So I went and looked at Brinley's, and she was almost the same. Except she was 15 lb 13 oz and 27 inches. It's cute what a petite thing Tessa is!