Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mia’s 6th Birthday celebration

Although I’ve tried really hard to keep Mia and Gavin’s birthdays separate in the past and I was crying when we decided we HAD to celebrate their birthdays together this year (it’s the pregnancy people…totally the pregnancy!) I will now admit it is nice that we are DONE with birthdays.  No dragging it out.  We are good and done with birthdays in the family until this baby has their BIRTH day.

Mia is such a STRONG WILLED child and I fear for when she is 12 (although, not as much as I fear Tessa…that girl is going to turn my hair gray.  By the time she is 3!  Back to Mia though…) BUT, she has a sweet and charming side that I just can’t get enough of.  When she wants to, she is the BEST helper to me and takes such good care of Gavin. 

Lately she has taken to “teaching” him important things, such as the order of the colors in a rainbow.  My favorite is how she praises him and says things like, “you DID it Gavin!  You did it all by yourself!”  and is genuinely proud of her brother. 

She is so stinkin smart and I love the way she is able to reason through things and the intelligent questions she comes up with (except the ones referring the exactly how that baby got in my tummy). 

She started Kindergarten this year and loves it.  Oh, and she has already meet the boy she is going to marry.  Yaaa…we’ll see about that!

Here are some pictures of her todayP1030709

P1030717

P1030721

Her favorite gifts were the real Barbie Grandma & Grandpa Hastings got her (as opposed to the not real sleeping beauty one she has) and a giant duck.  I don’t have great pictures of her with either because I was video-ing and I’m so glad I did.  Her reactions were exactly what you would hope for as a parent!  SUPER out of control excitedness and so, SO cute.P1030724

P1030726

The kids cakes this year were the UGLIEST ever.  Thankfully they didn’t care (and since they still tasted ok I guess they weren’t a complete disaster).  I bought some gel to write/decorate with but it was more like food coloring in gel form and the colors were all wrong and it did NOT cooperate and was just gross.  Ah well.  You can’t win them all.  We scored BIG time on the presents we got them.  The cakes…not so much :)

Happy Birthday Miss Mia!P1030727

1 comment:

Kandice Antonino said...

Hey I know that duck! I am glad he finally got to come out of hiding!