Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine’s Day

Since Valentine’s Day marked 1 week for Indie we kept it pretty simple.  And I didn’t take many pictures.

Grandma and I made cards for the kids and I surprised them with a balloon and a glow stick.  P1040862

Jared got me some roses and on my suggestion he pulled out one for Mia and one for Tessa before handing them to me :)  Mia was thrilled and wrote about it at school the next day.IMAG0426[1]

P1040866

Mia really gets into holidays and planning “parties” and other special things for them (hmm…wonder where she gets that from?!).  For at least the 2 weeks prior to Valentine’s day she was working on a “surprise” for Jared and I.  It consumed a LOT of her time.  One night I was up feeding Indie around 2 am.  I could hear some noise coming from the loft.  I woke my mom and told her one of the kids was up and she went to check it out.  Sure enough, Mia was up with her flashlight working on her projects for Valentine’s day! 

Then on Valentine’s day she sent Jared and I on a scavenger hunt where we ended up with a “rocket” she had made filled with our favorite candies.  Such a sweet girl.

The day before Valentine’s day, Grandma helped Gavin make some hearts/valentines for his sisters.  He only wanted to make ones for Indie though :)  We did finally persuade him to make some for everyone, but Indie definitely got the most.  He then hid his valentine’s in my closet for the girls to find on valentines.  

I think between the 2 oldest, Jared & I ended up with at least 100 cut out and colored hearts.  Seriously.

For dinner we made heart shaped grilled cheese sandwiches and served with tomato soup and salad.  Very original, I tell ya!P1040869

And to end the night, individual cherry pies and vanilla ice cream.  YUM!P1040871

Not to be left out, our littlest Valentine.  So sweet.P1040873

No comments: