Saturday, July 5, 2008

Lake Powell

Could there be a more perfect/beautiful place??? The week following the race, Jared and I spent 4 full days at Powell (THANKS to Derrin and Nicole for watching the kids!!!!). That's right, kid free - it was GREAT. And the timing was perfect as well...we had 2 crazy, exhausting days after the race, but then we just got to sleep, eat, read, ski...repeat!
Jared and I both got our first chance to go on a house boat, and although it was a little spider infested (and not surprisingly, I seemed to be the only one bothered by that!) it was so fun! Thanks to the Hillman's for letting us come! And we had such a great time with the Ginn's and the Belt's and all their cute kids!

Jared & Jamie Day 1 - on top of houseboat.

Julie Hillman about to go down the slide!

Jared catching his 1st fish. There were these HUGE carp swimming all around the boat. I tried really hard not to think about them while swimmingJared & Chris - By the end of the week, the top of the boat was also known as the library


Wait...who's driving the boat??? Treyson (w/help from his dad) & Abby both got a chance













4 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

4 days at powell without kids???? WOW! What a blast!

Cothran Family said...

That looks like so much fun! Back to normal? Whatever normal is! Love you guys!

Katie said...

I am so jealous of your vacation with no kids! How fun is that?! I can vaguely remember how fun that is with no kids. Let's get together sometime soon. I'll call you as soon as I find my charger and charge my phone!

Jenny Lynes said...

Oh boy, those pics makes me want to go so bad! I started to get dissatisfied with my everyday life so I had to stop looking at them!