I'm pretty sure that when you have a young child they are the ones that are supposed to be crawling into your bedroom late at night, saying they're scared, and asking to sleep in your bed...That is how it works, right?! Up to this point, Mia (almost 3) has NEVER come into our room during the middle of the night (and yes, I'm counting my blessings!)
So when Jared is out of town (at scout camp all this week :( ) I am such a wimp...I am pretty much useless if he's gone for more than 1 night b/c I HATE going to bed when he's gone. It's not that I can't sleep without him, it's that as soon as I lay down and everything is quiet, I start to hear every sound possible (and lots of imaginary ones as well!) and freak myself out. So I usually end up staying up way late; I stay up to the point where I can't keep my eyes open any longer. Then am soooo tired in the morning, and useless all day!
Anyway, back to my point. So Wednesday night was no exception. I tried to go to bed at 11, read for half hour, and then turned the light out. Nothing happened! So I got on the computer, which I hear is bad if you are trying to relax, go to sleep. Not good for the brain or something if you're trying to wind down. Finally at almost 3 am I forced myself to get into bed, but was still wide awake and starting to freak myself out.
***sidenote - the ironic thing is, the later it gets, the more scared I can make myself b/c really bad things usually don't happen at 11 pm...it's always more like 2 or 3 am, right?***
Yeah, I know I'm crazy.
So I get out of bed, go get Mia,and bring her into my bed sleep with me. And just by having another person there I quickly fell asleep. Yeah, I know, how exactly was a kid going to help me if there were an intruder?! Like I said, I'm crazy! But at least I finally slept that night :)
8 comments:
Sending you hugs and understanding. I used to have a really hard time getting nervous when Dan was gone all night. I usually keep the radio on. But I still stay up way-to-late. Every single time. No matter how much I remind myself that I'm been wasted the next day. I don't have a solution for that. ...... Good luck! And I hope you can just veg out all day today!
Ha! I am the same way! Good thing I didn't come pounding on your windows around 3am this week, I was thinking about it you know:) I used to sleep with my mom when my dad was out of town, so I am excited to start the tradition with Natalya!
I was like that when we were first married and only a couple of kids....but later I was SOO tired I frankly didn't care about anything except sleeping!!
Next time you can take Mia to bed with you right from the beginning and all will be well. Happy zzzzzz's.
Love Mom R
I just found that you had a blog too! Yippie! That is funny. If I was like that I'd never get any sleep.. :)
I feel your pain. Avery and I had the same experience Friday night when Scott was out of town. Amazing what a two year old can do to comfort you!
Ha! I love it! You crack me up - I can totally picture it! Thank goodness for Mia!
So, I don't know where I've been, but I just saw that you had a blog. Love it. The story about Mia cracks me up. My mom was the same way. She was divorced when I was young, and I remember her ALWAYS taking me into her room, or snuggling up in my bed with me. I don't have that problem. I don't like to be completely alone, but as long as there is another body (any size) somewhere in the house, I'm fine.
What a cute blog and even cuter family!! We love all your pictures and fun posts!! So glad all is well with you all- what cute kids you have!!
We have been good, too, and you can check us out anytime you want on our blog-
http://dkalcortman2007.blogspot.com
We love comments and hope you are all well!!
Take care!
Love,
The Ortman's
Post a Comment