Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Mia!

Mia Taylor Richards
September 13, 2005

Mia - September 13, 2008

(ok, so you got me again...not actually taken on her birthday...but seeing as we were out of the country on her birthday, this will have to do!)

So, it's birthday central around here! In case you're wondering why my birthday wishes for my children are almost 2 weeks late, it's b/c we were in Portugal for their birthdays (a completely separate post...oooh, something to look forward too!). Anyway, we left the day after Gavin's and were gone on Mia's...thankfully, she only knows her birthday is in September and we just told her that her birthday was when we got back. I was really afraid we'd have to celebrate her birthday the very day we got back, but we've told her that her birthday is this Friday, and she's as happy as can be!

There's only one word needed to describe Mia -
INDEPENDENT!!!!
She likes to do everything herself and I can only help after she has tried, and if I ask if I may help! And in many ways, she is a perfectionist! I love this girl to pieces, but boy, does she try my patience. She is full of life and energy and is non-stop! Thankfully she still takes a two hour "binky nap" every day (it's the only time she gets her binky, and if she continues to take naps, she may just have a binky til kindergarten!) I do have to admit though, I think I would much rather have a spit-fire girl than one who just sits in the corner and watches.
Mia loves to sing and she loves her duck (I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but her duck is her "baby"). She loves swimming and riding her tricycle (thanks Grma/Grmpa Richards!) and just recently has started enjoying some "sit down" activities like coloring or watching a movie (thank goodness!!!!) She is very smart and has a great memory and amazes me when she starts telling me about something that happened recently that, at the time, I wasn't even aware that she was aware of it! If I let her, she would stay in her pjs all day long. Or even better, she would run around in only her underwear all day!
As crazy as she is, we wouldn't have Mia any other way. She constantly cracks me up (usually when I'm trying to scold her) and has such a fun personality. I cannot wait to see how her personality continues to develop. We love you Mia!

2 comments:

AnnalisaG said...

Ha ha, Liesel will be on the binky forever just to give me some sanity.

Happy birthday Mia! I hope she has a really fun birthday party this weekend! i can't believe she is 3 already.

Kelly said...

Okay, Hawaii, and now Portugal?! What the heck?! We are so missing out on the good life- you are living it!! Can't wait to hear about that one!
She is so adorable and growing up so big girlish! I love that she is so independent- my girls would love her!!