Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Gavin!

Gavin Nathaniel Richards
September 11, 2007
(ok, this picture is actually at 2 weeks, but let's be honest...the newborn ones are never that cute!)



Gavin
September 11, 2008



Wow! My little baby is already one! This year has gone by so fast and I'm amazed at how much Gavin has changed and grown (well, he's sort of grown!!!) He continues to be such a great baby and we love him to pieces. He's sweet and happy, he eats like a champ, and he loves to climb anything. He's already decided that walking is boring and he would rather run, and he loves to climb up and down the stairs when we give him the opportunity - right now the gate is up at the bottom of the stairs for my sanity!

A week before his birthday, he finally cut his first tooth, and within 3 weeks, 6 are coming in all at once (4 on top, 2 on bottom). For "official" purposes, he had his 1 year check up today and his stats are:
weight: 18 lbs. (1.66% )
height: 30.25 inches (67%) this is the only one he made a big jump in, so I'm a little skeptical.
head: 18 inches (31%)

I'm so grateful for the blessings Gavin brings to me and my family and for the sweet spirit he is. I only hope and pray that I can continue to raise him properly, so he will grow up to be a great kid. We love you Gavin!

3 comments:

AnnalisaG said...

Happy birthday Gavin! What a cutie!

Kim said...

Crazy that they grow up so fast! It is neat to see how they change and grow in the "short" amount of time. I am glad that his teeth are coming in, Parker has 3 with a few more coming. It is funny to see how different they are with their size considering they were born a day apart : ) Similar height, but Parker has a few pounds on him : )

Kelly said...

What a cutie!! HE is just adorable- and it's amazing that he is just now getting teeth!! Lucky!!