
I do love Oxi Clean and I do think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread! I buy the giant sized box from Costco! We recently used it to clean our carpets and it worked amazingly well. When I have little babies I soak almost everything in a bucket of it and use it to get out all the spit up and poop stains - it works great. And just recently I've given up bleach. Sigh. I LOVE bleach. The scent of bleach just equals clean! I love how my white load smells when it comes out of the dryer. But, I've decided that I'm probably killing all my clothes and wearing them out 10x faster, so now the last load I do every laundry day (yes...I have a day - Wednesday) is my whites. I usually don't get this load in until the very end of the day, which works out perfectly. I let my white load soak in the washing machine with a large scoopful of Oxi Clean over night. Then I rinse and wash the load with regular detergent (and sometimes I add a new scoop of Oxi Clean just for good measure!) in the morning. I suppose you don't have to rinse; you could just add your detergent and start the machine. But to me, after soaking all night, the water looks kind of gross, so I rinse first and start with "clean" water. Well, there you have it. Way more than you care to read, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go to bed, and am rambling instead (to no one...how pathetic!)
Back to my original point though...what is your favorite laundry "trick"?
Please Share!
2 comments:
Mine is Oxi Clean, too. I love that stuff, but there was one time I soaked one of my kids outfits in it and the colors ran and ruined the whole outfit. UUGGHH!! So now Mara has this adorable shirt with chocolate stains, but I'm scared to soak it in the Oxi Clean. I'll keep watching your comments to see if anyone comes up with something for chocolate. Great post idea!
Biz is great on food stains. Mix a small amount in enough hot water to make a paste. ( it will be gritty.. Smear it on the stain and let it sit over night. Wash as usual and the stain should be gone.
Post a Comment