Saturday, October 18, 2008

Love-Hate Relationship

I totally have a love-hate relationship with sugar cookies. I LOVE to make them for every holiday, but as soon as I'm half way in, I think, "what was I thinking?!"

So this week we made our Halloween cookies. On Thursday I made the dough and cooked all but one batch which I saved for Mia to help me with. What a good helper she was!
After getting her hands (and everything else all covered in flour) she announced, "I'm ready to bake cookies!"
And on Friday we had friends over and we all decorated cookies. Mia made some masterpieces! Apparently her rule of thumb is, the more, the better!


7 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I totally feel the same way. LOVE them...but hate how much time it takes. Would you believe I actually cut them into squares because I'm too lazy to roll them out extra times? EXCEPT---for one batch or two so the kids can enjoy cut out shapes. I love that last picture with the frosting and sprinkles all over!

AnnalisaG said...

Ooh yum. I wish we were there so we could just eat some of yours!

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

You are such a good mommy! And it looks like more of those masterpieces ended up on Mia than the cookies- yum!

Kim said...

Thanks for inviting us over. We had a lot of fun, and we enjoyed the cookies! : )

Kelly said...

We love sugar cookies, but yes, they are time consuming and can be so messy!! You are so brave to let yours help- I usually let them do one or two, but I hate having flour all over, so I pretty much do it myself. I love making them for halloween- next week that is on my agenda!!

Jenny Lynes said...

That looks so fun! I too hate baking sugar cookies but get sucked into it at holdiay time too! I don't even really like them but I end up eating them because they're just sitting there! If I could figure out a way to do chocolate chip dough with cookie cutters, I would!

Juliann said...

I agree, but let's say 80% love, 20% hate. Looks like Mia got her cookie-decorating skills from Dad...are you sending any my way?