Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thursdays - Thanksgiving edition

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
A day late! Ooops! I started this yesterday, and then our day got very busy, so here's my list from yesterday and today!
It's been really nice thinking about what I'm thankful for more than just today, and here's to add to my list:

* a GOOD thanksgiving feast (and not having to cook a turkey, and not having to clean it up - that's the "mens" job in our house!)
* Family Holiday traditions. Here are some of our Thanksgiving traditions:
~ going home to WA to spend the holiday with my family every other year
~ doing a puzzle (or two)
~ eating dinner on the ping pong table (it's the only way all the adults can eat
at the same table)
~ my mom's Thanksgiving Day jello fruit salad!
~ after dinner all playing a round robin ping pong game (it gets pretty crazy
and helps to "work off" all that dinner!
~ staying up late for game nights (mafia is an all time favorite - my mom is
the best because you just don't expect grandma to be lying straight face to
the rest of the family! Gets ya every time!)
* Talking with my sisters
* Blogs and friend and family blogs
And I know there is sooooo much more I'm thankful for, but my sister Jennifer just challenged me to a game of ping pong, so I'm out!
ps - more to come and pictures of Thanksgiving later!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Amen to the not cook dinner and have the mess to worry about! I have yet to have it at our house and I don't really want to anytime soon!! Glad you are enjoying your trip with your family- what a nice time to be with those you love! Travel safely!

Katie said...

Happy Late Thanskgiving to you! Lets go to dinner or lunch this week!