So just while we were in Washington this past week, I started having a difficult time getting Gavin's shoes on him. And this morning when we were heading out the door, I seriously JAMMED those suckers on. So I took him out this evening to get new shoes.
His old pair, size 3. His new pair - size 5 1/2!!!
Ooops! I am sooooo sorry little guy! Did his feet grow 2 sizes in 2 weeks?! Is that possible?! He probably needed 5s, but they didn't have any and he could walk just fine in the 5.5 and I wasn't going store to store, but boy did I feel like a complete idiot and abusive parent! Now, if you don't think I deserve parent of the year after that one, I don't know what's wrong with you :)
2 comments:
Hahah!!! I just did the same thing with Summer! It's like it sneaks up on you.
That's pretty good, but I got you beat. You don't truly deserve the parent of the year award until your 1 year old lives with a broken collar bone for 3 days before his mother realizes something is wrong and takes him to the doctor. Then the Dr. makes me feel even worse by saying "I would give you a prescription for the pain because broken collar bones are extremely painful, but the worst of it is over by now so you can just give him Tylenol." Sorry, too small shoes just doesn't match that. Now, don't you feel better about yourself? That's what I'm here for.
Post a Comment