Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More pics

If there is one thing Mia loves more than ANYTHING, it's her duck. Her duck is her baby. Mia has no dolls - she has a duck! She sleeps with it, dresses it (underwear and all), feeds it, dances with it, gives him naps and LOTS of loves all day. Duck goes on many car trips with us, but sadly is never allowed to leave the car (so once Mia gets out of her car seat, duck is usually strapped in before we can leave!). Duck even had a birthday recently and Mia dressed him/her (??? we're not really sure, but since duck wears Mia's clothes, hopefully it's a girl!) in her nicest, frilliest Sunday dress, did it's hair, bow and all, sang happy birthday, and placed him in a special chair for the day. She cracks me up - oh, except when we are running late and she starts freaking out b/c I'm trying to leave and duck isn't dressed. I'm sure I've mentioned most of this before, but I wanted to post these pictures, and to fully appreciate them, you have to understand her love for her duck. Well, ALL ducks, actually. If she sees a duck, she thinks it's hers (or that it's part of her duck's family, and therefore needs to come home with us!) So beware...if you have duck ANYTHING at your home and we are over, she may become slightly possesive :) For Christmas my parents are giving her a "doll" stroller and clothes and a blanket for her duck! So of course when the kids got their pictures taken, duck somehow ended up in some of the shots!
These are some of my favorites:

Oh, and don't worry...we DO have a back-up, identical duck...just in case!

4 comments:

marissa said...

What cute pictures! All of them turned out great....besides the 2 of them together :) I still haven't gotten one of my 3 together that I like.

Shari said...

That is so funny. I'm glad to hear you have a back-up. I know from experience how tragic it can be to loose something they are soooo attached to and not have a replacement. The pictures are adorable.

Mauri said...

we love her duck too!

Cothran Family said...

I love that Jamie. She is such a cutie! She is so funny about that duck. I love her personality.