Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pneumonia

My poor little Mia has been sooo sick the past week. She started running a mild fever last Tuesday and by Christmas day (thurs) she was running a temperature of 104! Her fever continued to be around 104 til Sunday. On Saturday we called her doctor who said there were 3 things that could prolong a fever like that - a UTI, pneumonia or the flu(I think that was the 3rd thing?)

So, after running a fever for 6 straight days, having a nasty cough and runny nose, we got Mia into the doctor on Monday and she has pneumonia. And if that wasn't enough, she also has 2 ear infections which she never once complained about. Now, I don't wish anything terrible upon my children, but I am soooo glad that she did have pneumonia and we could leave the doctor's office with a prescription in hand and a chance at getting better. It would have been really annoying if she just had a flu and we just had to continue to wait it out.


Needless to say, we are exhausted around here - and going very stir crazy!!! I also was really sick this past weekend. I must have had the same virus as Mia, but thankfully mine didn't turn into pneumonia. Gavin was the first in our house to be sick, and he seems to be doing just fine these days and is full of energy. Jared, as usual, seemed to dodge the bullet. I'm extremely grateful there was at least one healthy adult to take care of us, but so annoyed that he always seems to stay healthy!

One positive thing about Mia being sick is it is the ONLY time she will cuddle with either Jared or I, and I have to admit I LOVE it! It's how we know she's not feeling well in the first place :) And I will miss cuddling with my usually never-stay-put, extremely active 3 year old!

So hopefully we are on the mend now. I am soooo tired of not getting out, not getting any exercise at all, and just lying around all day. I have been motivated to do absolutely NOTHING and that really needs to change! It's time to be a mom again and start getting Christmas decorations and the tree taken down - yuck!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Celeste got pneumonia last Christmas! She was on breathing treatments 3 times a day for 3 weeks!! She was awfully snuggly too! Thankfully when it went away, it didn't come back and no one else got it either! Let's pray it stays that way for your house too!

missliss5/Melissa said...

Poor Mia! And poor you being sick, too. I don't blame you for being glad it was something treatable with medication. Then you at least know in 2 days she'll be feeling much better. Any improvement today? Or too soon?

I don't feel like taking down the Christmas tree either. Blah! Hassle! But at least today wasn't as busy as yesterday and I had time to boss the kids around and have them help me at least clean up a bit.

Shari said...

I'm sorry Mia is so sick. Cruz and Mara both had it last year, and it is no fun. I hope she feels better soon.

Ashby said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Mia! I'm so glad to hear she is finally on some medication and on the road to recovery. What a bummer of a Christmas for you guys. Hope she's back to herself soon!

--Ash