3. I'm 1/4 Mexican.

6. When I was younger I always wanted a cat, but since my mom was allergic, we had a dog. Now I can't stand cats.
8. I taught 1st grade for 4 years (ya know, the grade where you learn to READ!)
20. Thanks to #3, I had a full-ride BYU multicultural scholarship for all 4 .5 years. It even included $ for books, and health insurance.
23. Gavin was born with 6 fingers on his left hand. The doc basically tied a knot around it and said it would quickly fall off. When it hadn't after 6 or 7 days, I pulled it myself.
31. Complete make-up for me is eyeliner and mascara. For a special occasion, I might add blush and lip gloss :)
32. I love chapstick. Blistex Silk & Shine is my fav.
33. I can't sleep when Jared is out of town. Not b/c I can't sleep without him, but b/c as soon as I lay down and everything is quiet, I start hearing EVERY sound imaginable and also assume it's something terrible out to get me!34. I am not a morning person.
35. I hate taking the time to get ready for the day. So much more could get done in the time it takes to shower, do hair, make-up, etc...
36. After I was born I didn't have a name for over a week. I was just "the baby"
37. I've been known to respond to Jaruu, Buckwheat, & Jamie Di.
38. I have the ugliest toes. I try to help out the cause by always having them painted, especially in the summer.
39. I sweat a lot when I work out!
40. I don't believe in putting make-up on or doing my hair before going to the gym...what's the point?!
41. Spiders FREAK me out. I have a hard time even killing the small ones. If there's a GIANT one in my house, I can't kill it, but I can't let it get away either, b/c then I'll know there's some HUGE spider in my house and it could just come out and get me at any point. So...I usually trap them in a jar or cup (which is terrifing enough to have to do) and leave them for Jared to deal with.
42. I love to do fun stuff for all holidays.
43. I'm a pretty patient person, except when it comes to driving...so the following are my driving pet peeves.
44. How hard is it to flip on your blinker?!45. It drives me crazy when someone in the "fast" lane is going the exact speed limit.
46. It drives me MORE crazy when all 3 (or 4) lanes of traffic on the freeway are going the same speed.
47. I'm not afraid to use my horn, but I should look at who I'm honking at first...a few weeks ago I totally blasted my horn at our RS pres and her husband. How embarressing! Sorry Megan :)
48. I have personal space issues when I'm in an aerobics class at gym. Is it really neccessary to stand RIGHT next to me?!
49. I average around 80 mph on the freeway.
50. I love to bake. I like to cook as well, but the result isn't as fun or tasty :)
51. I have a major sweet tooth!
52. I have only visited 14/50 US states (I'm not including ones I've driven through or had a layover at an airport).
53. My least favorite household chore is the kitchen floor. What's the point when I KNOW it will be dirty within 5 minutes of cleaning it?
54. I'd rather load than unload the dishwasher.
55. I really do believe Disneyland is The Happiest Place on Earth. I could spend a full week and still be loving every second. Jared might disagree. 
56. I have terrible hand writing.
57. I was the one who did the "chasing" in Jared and I's dating, but he said I love you, first.
58. While hanging out/dating, my roommate and I beat Jared and his roommate in tennis and basketball. He of course, blames his roommate!
59. I have climbed Mt. Timpanogas 3 times.
60. I can waterski/wakeboard, snowski, rock climb, mountain bike. I didn't say I was GOOD at any of these, or that I've done them RECENTLY, but I do enjoy doing stuff outdoors.
61. I come from a family of J names - Jeff, Jennifer, Jill, Jodi, Juliann, Jamie. Our 1st dog was Jiffy & our 2nd was Jasper Jellybean..jpg)
62. I love eating out...especially withOUT the kids.
63. I LOVE living somewhere where we experience ALL 4 seasons, and can't really choose a favorite. There are pros/cons to each, but I definitely DO NOT enjoy the FREEZING cold!
64. I LOVE a great bargain, but am not the best at getting/finding the great deals out there (thank goodness for Natalie and her site, Low Buy Lehi!!!)
65. I am truly grateful that Jared can "work" a salesman and get the best deal, but will usually walk away until the deal is settled. I get so embarressed.
66. The smell of rain is one of my favorite smells.
67. I love going to sleep with the sound of real rain outside.
68. I love a good storm with thunder, lighting, lots of wind and lots of rain. As long as no one gets hurt, that is!
69. I have terrible teeth.
70. The Biggest Loser makes my cry.
71. I was going to quit at 50, but then had a sudden burst of inspiration. You're probably wishing I quit at 50!
72. If I don't work out in the morning (sometime before 10) it probably won't happen that day.
73. Some of my 2009 Resolutions: not yell at Mia, learn to sew, lose 5 lbs. (ya know, those LAST 5 that don't want to go away?!!! So annoying!)
74. When I have the heat on in my car it has to be set to the defrost setting. If the fan is blowing directly on me I feel like I'm suffocating.
75. I have always been totally clueless when it comes to music; I never know the song title, artist or the lyrics.
76. I have very easy pregnancies, easy labor/deliveries and the BEST babies. Now before you hate me, don't worry, my toddler and soon-to-be toddler are making up for it now :)
77. I went to my Senior prom with a guy I'd known since the 2nd grade and probably hadn't talked to since the 2nd grade. It was TERRIBLE!
78. I don't believe in diets (probably b/c I don't have the will power to stick to one!). I believe in moderation in all things and making smart choices about the food I put into my body.
79. My grocery shopping list is organized by the order I go through the store. So when shopping at Wal-mart all my produce is listed first, then meats and cheeses, then dairy, and then I make my way through the middle of the store and I'm pretty good at getting the rest of my list in the right order.
80. Even with that, I am the slowest shopper EVER.
81. I love family traditions and think they are so important.
82. Do we really need 6 months of reminders about "the switch" to digital tv?
83. In Highschool I was part of an "elite" music group made of of 12 girls called "Good Days". We sang cheesy songs and performed at assemblies, Elementary schools (dressed in costume on Halloween!), dinners/local functions, etc...It sounds totally lame, but it was really cool to be in Good Days!
84. I am very ticklish.
85. I love the smell of bleach.
87. I LOVE reading other peoples blogs. I try to leave a comment and NOT be a stalker, but it doesn't always happen. SOOOOO, don't be a stalker; if you read this leave a comment :)
89. I always have to look up how to cook hard boiled eggs.
91. I broke my wrist when I was 8/9. I was playing dress-up and skipping DOWN the stairs. Ooops. My sister was babysitting (huh...same one that I was chasing in #90). My mom was gone all day and my dad was at work so I layed around on the couch all day, or what seemed like all day (this was before cell phones!). My sister got so annoyed with me b/c I wouldn't cry...I was just moaning!
93. I find it extremely satisfying when I find the perfect gift for someone.
95. I'm am not easily offended, except when a person questions my integrity.
97. My favorite kitchen tool is my salad shooter. I only use it for grating cheese, but it's sooo worth it.
98. I know nothing about computers. 100. Apparently I'm not that interesting b/c this list has taken me 7 days to compile.
20 comments:
LOOOOVED IT! I hope more people try this. Oh, you are so interesting to me now. 1/4 mexican? Who knew! And sooo cool about your grandpa. Good job!!!
Okay, you are scaring me! About every 5th thing, I thought, wow, there's something else I do! Funny- I've only met you in person once! I LOVE blistex, the regular kind, and buy it by the dozen- I can't go to sleep without it! I love to bake and use recipes exactly how they say so too! The things I am NOT alike with you is all the sports stuff. I played soccer, but only because we had to have a girl on the team and my boyfriend played! I was a cheerleader, and then after I had Leah started running on the treadmill to get in shape. No, I don't love it either, but it is a great workout. Now I just use the Wii Fit! Slacker I am!
That was soooo fun! Thanks for sharing so much!
I finished! And now I know so much more about you:)
love it! between the 1 night of hanging out and learning one hundred things about you, I feel like we're officially friends.
-elizabeth ott
We are so much alike it's scary... really random things too. Isn't it funny what you learn about people! I loved it
loved the list! Maybe I should start mine so I can finish in a month!
I was cracking up on 10 because I do the exact same thing. I love crossing something off my to do list, even if it is something I already did before I made my list, or something I do every day... brush my teeth, get dressed. What an accomplishment!
I knew I loved you for multiple reasons. Here are some of my favorites:
I also agree it is annoying to have to take time to get showered, dressed, ready in the morning. What a HASSLE! I, too, would much rather do 100 other things.
I so love eating out!
My shopping list is also in order of how I walk through the store and aisles.
I always put “givens” on my to do lists, too.
And I am SOOO not a morning person either.
I think you should add Florida to your list of states visited!!!
Hi Jamie. I learned so many interesting things about you! I found your blog through the Wrights I think.... Hope all is well with you and your family.
I won't be a stalker. I still remember you practicing your tap dancing in the bottom of our dorm building. I also remember that you taught me the habit of dipping a hershey bar into a jar of peanut butter- yeah, thanks for that one!
So fun! I seriously don't think I could come up with half that many facts about me... I totally love the check list- Joe laughs at me about it, but it makes me feel better : )
who ever called you a blog stocker?? love the list, and thanks to 2 kids naping, I got to read it all in one sitting. Natalies took me a few.
Jamie- I love your list. Wow, we have a lot in common! You and Natalie have inspired me to start my own list...it will come soon!
Cool list! Is the cat going to be a problem when you babysit in a couple of weeks? I could ask a neighbor to take Batman....Thanks for being our babysitter!
Awesome! I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading....I even learned some new things! I miss you!
I am SO with you on #35 - which is why if I'm wearing makeup when I work out (see #40) it's left over from the day before because I never wash it off at night!
I actually started reading yours a few days ago and then just finished the second half now. It was fun to do and I had as much fun reading yours as I did making mine! Very cool idea, thanks to Natalie :) And apparently you're more interesting than me, since a ton more people have read yours! Good job.
I actually started reading yours a few days ago and then just finished the second half now. It was fun to do and I had as much fun reading yours as I did making mine! Very cool idea, thanks to Natalie :) And apparently you're more interesting than me, since a ton more people have read yours! Good job.
I KNEW we were good friends for a reason! I agreed with you on about 99% of what you said! Like #28 and #76. And don't get me started on bad drivers. I think spending 3 years driving up I-15 for work really did me in on that one. Anyway, great list. It was really fun to read.
BTW, the other day I was talking about my teacher friends (ie - our cohort) and your name came up and Ryan goes, "Oh, you mean Red Robin Jamie?" LOL! He still remembers.
So I just found your blog, I was blog stalking. And I had to read your 100 things.
I saw Amy commented too, funny.
I really don't know why we get ready as moms, honestly (35). We just end up with boogers, cheerios, drool, and possibly bodily fluids on us at the end of the day. I just wear sweats and a t-shirt until I actually go somewhere.
I know this is dumb, but I actually just put you and Jared together. I knew both of you, had a hunch you were married, now it's official. Sorry, really dumb, but thought I'd let ya know.
Post a Comment