Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Salvation vs. Dalmatians, and more

So Mia just started primary and is the happiest little Sunbeam ever. She loves it. Since she LOVES to sing at home, I always ask her if she sang her best at primary. This month they are learning the song I Lived in Heaven. I've been trying to help Mia become familiar with it by singing it around the house. Yesterday I was singing it and also trying to explain what some of the words meant. Here's the words to the song, and bits and pieces of our "conversation."
I lived in Heaven a long time ago, it is true.
Lived there and loved there with people I know, so did you.
Then Heavenly Father presented a beautiful plan,
All about earth and eternal salvation for man.

Me (singing): All about earth and eternal salvation for man.
Mia: Like my mation
(that's how she says dalmatian, and she was referring to her most recent favorite movie, 101 Dalmatians)
Me: No, we're not talking about dogs. SAL-VA-TION.
Mia: Like I have mations.
Me: No, salvation is about Jesus saving us. Heavenly Father had a plan, or a great idea, and if we obey, we can all be saved and live with Heavenly Father again. Do you know where Heavenly Father lives?
Mia: In Heaven.
Me: That's right. And Heavenly Father wants us to be obey and make good choices so we can live with him in Heaven.
Mia: But we can't drive there.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Celeste is too in love with Sunbeams! I just told Dana tonight that there is hardly a moment that goes by without her singing something! She sings when she watches tv, sings when playing, sings when trying to fall asleep, seriously, she is hilarious!
That story is super cute, and I am so glad you documented that for the future! What a gem!

missliss5/Melissa said...

I LOVE kid conversations like that!

Mauri said...

LOVE IT!

Coombs Family said...

I love it! Avery came home singing "the rains came down and the flowers came up" in stead of floods. I couldn't help but laugh.

Shari said...

LOL! Kids are the best conversationalists.