Thursday, March 5, 2009

Carrot Cake

After our roast, we still had A LOT of carrots left. Jared's sister Jori suggested a carrot cake. YUM. So here is my first ever attempt at making my mother-in-laws super yummy carrot cake!

Any good chef knows you need:
A helper

and a taster

Lucky for me, Mia was around and got to serve as both!


After much waiting and anticipating - ta-da...The final result! And YES, I did take a bite out of the corner before it cooled to be frosted! I just couldn't wait :)

Mia's favorite thing lately is to take pictures. She took this one of me enjoying my cake.Nothing says, "tasty" like a kid stuffing their face!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Post the recipe- it looks delish!

Kyla Armstrong said...

Hey, Mia is pretty good at taking pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks and sounds delicious. Too bad you didn't bring me a piece!

Ashby said...

YUM! Thanks for posting to recipe too! I love homemade carrot cake!