...That was a few days ago. Yesterday I came to finish this post, and was NOT inspired at all and couldn't think of anything else I did in my 20 (that was worth mentioning, that is...although, NONE of this is probably worth mentioning!!!). So, the title is now, ALMOST 20 THINGS! In no particular order, my much anticipated list! Oh, and Happy Birthday to ME :)
1. I bought my first car...'85-ish green Ford Tempo named Wally. This one is kind of questionable...my sister Julie and I shared him for awhile, and that could have been when I was 19. Then she got a "better" car and I bought this one, which I'm pretty sure happened once I was 20.
2. When I was 20, I spent 5 months living in Moscow, Russia teaching english to kids. I celebrated my 21st b-day there at a TGI-Fridays with my friends. If I were a person who drank, there would have been plenty of vodka to go around.3. I fell in love for the first time and was lucky enough to snag the boy :)

Seriously people, he's quite the catch :)

4. Ok, so 3 and 4 are kind of one in the same, but I got married at 21.5 (December 30, 2000) in the Portland, OR temple.

5. I graduated from BYU with a bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education.
6. I started teaching 1st grade at Brookside Elementary in Springville, UT. I taught there for 4 years and met some of my best friends while there :) (this pic is of me - 9 months prego - and my class, my 4th year teaching)

7. I officially ended my "career" at Red Robin. I had worked there, off and on, for almost 10 years! I started as a hostess in highschool in Olympia, WA and then as a waitress once I was old enough. I worked there each summer when I went home and even worked some of my Christmas breaks (can you believe they would let me work for just 5-8 days? I really WAS that good! Ha, Ha!!). So of course when the one in Provo opened, I got a job there and worked there through the rest of college. Since I graduated in Dec, but didn't want to start teaching til the fall, I worked there after I graduated, and even continued to work weekends once I had started teaching. I finally quit when we moved to Lehi! 

8. I ran 2 half marathons. The Provo River in 2003 or 04, and the Moab in 2006 (six months after Mia was born...am I crazy?!)
9. I had my first child, Mia Taylor, on 9/13/05. 
10. I had my 2nd child, Gavin Nathaniel, on 9/11/07. 12. Bought our first home (that wasn't me all by myself)
13. Hiked "the Subway" in Zion's National Park. It was an awesome hike, but it was COLD and there were a lot of pools of water to swim through!

14. Was able to vacation in Portugal for 10 days!

15. Went to Hawaii for the first time!
16. I served as the girls camp director 2 times in our Provo ward - the 1st time was QUITE the experience...17 teenage girls, 3 leaders, 1 fist fight (NOT kidding!)17. And some of my last/most lame attempts: Became a stay at home mom, Learned how to wakeboard, Started a blog, bought my 1st sewing machine (it's still in the box)
So thanks 20's. You were good to me.
Ya hear that 30's??? You've got a lot to live up to!
5 comments:
That's an awesome list, Jamie! Woohoo, to you! And my first half of the 30's have been great, so I'm sending you best wishes for yours.
That was fun- I feel like I lived through them with you!! Your 30's will be great! I think I like mine better...somedays!
Happy Birthday Jamie! (you old woman!) Crazy how much can happen in ten years. Good job!
Happy Birthday! You certainly had some fun 20's! I hear the 30's are even better...which had better be true because I'll be joining you in December!
Wow, your 20's rocked! I can't wait to read your 30's list in 10 years.
Post a Comment