Friday June 19th - Saturday June 20th I ran in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay - again. Seriously, if in about 6 months I think it's a good idea to get on a team again, please...someone talk some sense into me! 12 runners, 188 miles, no sleep...where's the fun in this?!
Van 1 at the start. I was runner #2 this year, much better - in my opinion - than being runner #12 (like I was last year)
Just completed my 1st and hardest run - 6.7 miles at mid-day...it was HOT!
At the end of my 2nd run around 9 pm Friday night. This was my best run. The temperature was perfect, it was only 3 miles and my pace was the fastest for this run. AND, since it was dark, I got to wear an awesome reflective vest (thanks Katie!), a headlamp, and a tail or "butt" light on my back. I looked hot!
My last run! 8:30 am Saturday morning, a light rain, only 3.3 miles and I was finished. Even though it was a short run, after 2 previous runs, being cramped in a mini van with 5 others for almost 24 hours, and little sleep it felt like I was running through mud! Boy was I happy to be finished!
Team Half & Half running to the finish. Yes, I am wearing long fleece pants, a sweatshirt, a beanie and have a blanket wrapped around me. It got VERY wet and cold on Saturday! Notice the nice dark clouds in the picture!
DONE!
7 comments:
That is so awesome! I just found out that my brother did it too. He passed out the next day and isn't sure he ever wants to do it again. LOL
I SERIOUSLY don't know you you guys do that! you are awesome!!!
Congrats Jamie! Wish I could have been there with you...
Wow, what an accomplishment!! You should be very proud!! I just stick to 5K's and that is really more than I like! Good for you!!
I am so happy for you that you did this! That is amazing to me that you could do it. Way to go!
You are the woman! I still feel the pain and it's been a year. That is a huge accomplishment. Good job girl!
You rock!
Post a Comment