Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Girls' Weekend

This past weekend was a much needed get-away for ME! A group of ladies from the neighborhood (11 in all) went up to Park City to do some serious shopping! A few of us that could sneek away ealier took off Friday afternoon. What's better than 1 full day away? A day and a half :) I was really bad about taking pictures, but me, Mauri, Lindsey and Elizabeth all headed to Park City on Friday. We walked main street, ate a yummy dinner, stopped by the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for dessert and then headed to Mauri's condo. We talked and laughed and stayed up WAAAY too late!

After just 5 hours of sleep for me (I typically get/need at least 8.5 or 9!) Lindsey and I got up and headed to Midway to run the Swiss Days 10k. On so little sleep and not much training, I was happy to finish under an hour :) We had a lot of fun and even though it was hard, it was nice to start the day with a beautiful run. Almost immediately after crossing the finish line it started to rain. Hard. So we headed back to Park City to get cleaned up and get out of the rain. The 4 of us eventually met up with all the others back in Midway at Swiss Days. I'd never been, and really enjoyed walking through all craft booths - and there were a LOT. And of course the "swiss" scone and "swiss" chicken sandwich were yummy as well. If only they had had Karo syrup for dipping my scone in :)

Finally we were headed to Park City. With a group so big we weren't able to all stay together, but would run into each other at different stores. I don't even really like shopping and it was SO MUCH FUN! I had a coupon at Old Navy for $45 off $100 so I had a lot of fun there! Plus everything in the store was already 40% off! I think I spent close to 2 hours in that store alone :) We finished the day with news that BYU had won it's football game (hurray!) and dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Heber. Thank you Jared for staying home and taking care of the kids so I could enjoy some time off! And thanks to my awesome friends for such a fabulous time! I've already got my calendar marked for next year!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like my kind of girls get away weekend!! Love the deals at Old Navy!!
I have an annual girls trip in December- same concept- my sweet escape!!

Cothran Family said...

That sounds like my kinda weekend! How fun! Hey, we enjoyed your hubby and kiddos for the game. And I heard a secret about you?

Juliann said...

What a cute shirt you are wearing!! :>)

Maggie & Grant said...

Oh, come on Jamie, I know I saw more bags with your earlier! But really was that not just one of the best days of shopping? And yes I mark it down on my calendar every year.