Tuesday was my first OB appt. for baby #3. Yes, I am prego with number 3, due March 28th. I feel great again and am really blessed to have pretty easy pregnancies. The appt. was fine. It took them FOREVER to find the heartbeat though. First the nurse tired - forever - and couldn't find it. Then the Dr tried and couldn't find it. So then they brought in the ultrasound machine . A lot of you have asked if I was freaking out at this point. And I really wasn't. It took them a long time to find both Mia and Gavin's heartbeats at 12 weeks, so I had mentally prepared myself for that. Apparently I have a tilted uterus, which makes it more difficult. Anyway, the doctor brought in the ultrasound machine and there was my baby, heart beating and doing well. The only TRULY frustrating thing was my dear, sweet, FRUGAL (I really try not to use the word "cheap" though that would probably be the better word choice) husband's response. As soon as the nurse mentioned getting the ultrasound machine my very first thought was, "Jared's going to complain about having to pay more." So...Jared's very first comment..."So, how much is that going to cost us?!" Ok, to be fair, he did wait until he knew everything was ok. But no...he couldn't just leave it at that, could he?! It's called PEACE OF MIND Jared! And yes, sometimes you do have to pay for it :)
Wednesday, September 16th was Mia's first friend party! She was soooo excited. I had tried to be super organized in getting ready for this thing b/c we had sooo much going on prior to it. I think it turned out great and I know she had a LOT of fun. We invited 14 3-4 year olds (yea...it was a lot). I only plan on doing friend parties for my kids every 4 years, so I didn't mind. And, truth be told, I didn't really expect ALL 14 to show. But all but 1 did. Which was great and we kept it low key and outside.
And I had major help that saved me! First, my wonderful friend Katie dropped off her daughter at the party and then took Gavin with her the ENTIRE time!!! Katie, that was so NICE not to have Gavin wanting to be a part of the party! THANK YOU!!! Then my 2 SIL's Alissa and Melissa brought their 2 kids to the party and then stayed and were my helpers. Seriously could NOT have pulled off this party with out them! Melissa was my photographer and took sooo many pictures. I was so happy. She got pictures of everything and everyone!
Finally, on to the pictures and the party!
Ater playing outside while everyone arrived we moved inside and each kid colored and decorated a bag for a treasure hunt we would do after lunch.
We split into 2 teams for our treasure hunt. There were 10 clues around the yard (and the neighbor's yard!) and at 4 or 5 of them, there was also a small "treasure" for each kid. The final clue led them to a pinata.
You can't have a party without a pinata! The kids all had fun and each got plenty of turns. This pinata was NOT going to break though and I didn't want to be doing this forever, so I took a turn and then Jared finished it off and the kids had a blast searching the grass for the candy!
Funny story about the presents...before the first guest arrived, I reminded Mia she needed to say hi to all her friends when they got here, thank them for coming and thank them for the present when she opened it. Well, when the first kid arrived, she walked over, said hello, and said, "Is that for me?!" (as she grabbed the present out of the child's hand) "Thank you!". She did this EVERY time a child arrived. What a crack up that girl is!
And finally this mega-long post - which has actually been causing me quite a bit of strife - is over! No more birthdays for us until the spring! Hooray! Bring on the holidays :)
3 comments:
I agree----sometimes you CAN buy peace of mind! Soo glad you got the healthy heartbeat on ultrasound!!! And you ran Mia's party like a pro! So many busy little kids and they were all happy campers! Great job!
Clearly a huge success!! I love the picture of the kids running with excitement during the treasure hunt, but I love the one of you taking a swing at the piƱata, more!! I thought after all the pump classes, you'd have muscles enough to break it open!
Holy cow! Congratulations to you guys! That is so exciting. I've been such a slacker keeping up with everyone's blogs and I saw your new addition to the sidebar and had to scroll through posts to read about it! So, I apologize for the late response, but wanted you to know I'm thrilled for you!
Post a Comment