Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wisdom of a 4 Year Old

Mia is really good at stalling when it's time for bed. She ALWAYS has to brush her teeth. Yes, I know this is a good thing, but at times like tonight when it's almost 10 pm and she didn't take a nap I just want to get her off to bed as quickly as possible. That's what I was trying to do when this conversation took place:

Me: Mia, quickly sit on the toilet and let's get to bed.

Mia: But mom, I HAVE to brush my teeth.

Me: Mia, it is really late. Can't we just brush them in the morning?

Mia: But mom, if I don't brush my teeth the bugs will get in.

Me: What?!

Ah, the wisdom of a 4 year old. So if you were thinking about NOT brushing your teeth tonight, just remember if you don't, the bugs will get in!