We decided to take a ferry ride to an area called Watson's Bay. Based on the ferry schedule/map it was the fifth stop. Apparently our schedule was wrong though, because it was actually the 2nd! It had started drizzling and was really windy though, so as our ferry headed back to harbor, we didn't actually mind :)

By the time we got back to our hotel it was around 2 pm and we didn't really have time to go out somewhere else, plus the weather was terrible and we had to pack! So I decided to take a nap. At first I was feeling really guilty about spending my last afternoon in Australia in my hotel room. But then I realized that this was MY vacation...and I can't just get an uninterupted nap in at home...so after a 2 hour nap I felt GREAT!
That evening Auto-Owners held their Farewell dinner. We ended up sitting at a table with 4 of the 5 LDS couples. One of the couples we hadn't even met before that night. I think the waiters picked up quickly to stop asking us if we wanted more wine :)
The food was of course wonderful. I had a super yummy chicken and Jared had a steak - YUM! And these chocolates they served for dessert were soooo good! And I'm not even a huge chocolate person! They also provided us with some great entertainment by way of 3 violin playing chics that were amazing! (and also had pink violins!)
Here we are with Cynthia & Doug and Jason & Colleen. We had a great time with these 2 couples.
Tuesday morning we were up early to get our bags set out, eat our last FABULOUS breakfast and then on the bus to the airplane. We arrived at the airport 3 hours before our flight took off, so there was a lot of waiting.
The flight home was long, but uneventful. The nice thing about flying back, is the flight from Sydney to LA is almost 2 hours shorter. It was still long, and all I can say is thank goodness for in-flight movies and Tylenol PM! It was another full flight, but I think I actually got a stretch of sleep that was almost 5 hours long! We also gained a day back. We left Sydney on Tuesday, December 1st at 11:30 am and arrived in Salt Lake, Tuesday at 11:15 am!
Of our 2 checked bags, 1 was left in LA, but made it to our house by Wednesday morning! This vacation was fabulous and we loved every second of it, but we were ready to come home and it was great to be back! I actually had a pretty easy time adjusting back to "real life". The jet-lag didn't seem to get to me and it was nice to have my mom around until Wednesday evening. Speaking of, we are sooooo thankful to my parents for being willing to come out and watch our kids while we were gone. It was soooo nice to not even worry once about how our kids were doing!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great time! How fun. Once in a lifetime experience for sure. Looks like you did everything Australian possible! Your prego belly is so cute! Hope you are feeling good.
Post a Comment