Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Day

We had a wonderful Christmas day with just our family of 4. Gavin woke up around 7:30 and crawled into bed with us while we waited for Mia to wake up. Around 8:30 we finally headed downstairs to see if Santa came. I love that my kids don't wake up at insane hours on Christmas morning - yet!
In my family growing up, the youngest always got to go down first (and lucky me, I was the youngest...life was great until those darn nieces and nephews started showing up!). And so the tradition continues...but as you can see, Gavin doesn't have much of a head start!

After checking out our stockings Mia had a great time handing out presents to everyone. Jared got something he has been wanting for years - a new shower head; the kind that is like a "rainfall".Mia asked for a rubber duck, which Santa hid in the tree and she was also surprised with this kuge (for whatever reason, that's how she says huge) duck which even quacks and she is in love with!
New duck is introduced to "old" duck - but don't worry, she hasn't forgotten about her "old" duck. They've just become a family :)

She got this awesome leap pad thing that is for practicing handwriting. Perfect for her since she can write all her letters, but needs a little help on forming them correctly. She would play with it all day if we let her! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa Hastings!I was completely surprised by a new ipod, a portable docking station, and an i-tunes gift card! Wahoo!And I must have been a very good girl this year because I also got this AWESOME handbag!
Love the shots of Daddy and his kiddos on Christmas morning...
Jared was surprised with not only 1, but 2 photobooks. This one is of his guys trip to Florida last AprilWe decided to get Mia a camera for Christmas this year because she was always sneaking ours and taking 100 pictures at a time. After much debate, we were afraid if we got her one of those kid friendly ones she wouldn't like it because it wasn't like mom & dads...so we went with the Hello Kitty digital one instead. Totally cheap, the display screen is teeny, and it will probably break within the year, but she loves it and loves taking pictures and then showing me all of them :)Gavin got this Thomas train plus some tracks from Grandma & Grandpa Hastings. It was one of the first things he opened and we could have been done after that! He wanted nothing to do with his other presents until Jared finally opened this one up.
And finally, as a throw back to our trip to Australia, Jared was surprised with some mentos (there was a HUGE bowl of mentos 24/7 at the Auto-Owners info/help desk and I think we lived off of those!)
Christmas 2009 was fabulous. I loved the age BOTH kids were at this year and it made everything so much fun and full of magic. Really, there is nothing better than kids at Christmas-time!

1 comment:

Katie Lane said...

You were all good this year!
Adam has a rainfall shower and loves it. I gave it to him for our first Christmas and just about died laughing when I saw Jared wanted one. I think they are too much alike.