They fed us damper, which was essentially dutch oven bread. It was funny because as they were showing how it's cooked, etc...all the people where oohing and aahing and we were like, what, have you never seen a dutch oven before? But I'll admit, I've never seen a loaf of dutch oven bread this big! And it was delicious!
One of the things I enjoyed the most about being further outside of Sydney was the Australian accents just got thicker and thicker! Most of the workers at Tobruk were easy enough to understand, but one guy, Dennis, had an accent so thick he had to talk really slow or no one could understand him! Even then, I think a few of his jokes and one liners were missed
We were taken to a large open field and taught the correct way to throw a boomerang and anyone who wanted was given a try...ONE try and then you had to recover your boomerang wherever it landed and bring it back for the next guy! All this while everyone else was sitting and watching you! Had we been in smaller groups, I would have tried...but I decided NOT to publicly humiliate myself. Jared tried it and did great! 
You have to look really closely, but you can see his white boomerang near the top right corner of the picture (just above the tree). The zoom on my camera isn't great and as they didn't want anyone getting hit by a boomerang, they were waaay out there!
After the boomerang throwing they demonstrated how to crack a whip and then let us try! It wasn't very easy to do. I think I did a better job of hitting myself than making any sort of cracking sound!
Colleen and I messing around inside just before dinner

No comments:
Post a Comment