Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Wednesday, December 30th Jared & I celebrated our 9 year anniversary by ordering in, hanging with the kids, and renting a winner* from Redbox. Awesome. 9 years will do that to ya! I'm not complaining though. After all, we did just recently go on this AMAZING little vacation :)

*We LOVE Redbox, but we have a standing joke that because it's only $1 to rent a movie and sometimes the selection is NOT the greatest, we(and by we I mean Jared) tend to rent things we wouldn't otherwise dream of!

But last Saturday some friends who's anniversary is just a few days before ours invited us to celebrate with them. So thanks to the Miskins and their planning we actually went out on a date. We met them at the Spark Restaurant & Lounge** in Provo for dinner. I had heard great things about this place and it did not disappoint. We had some fried pork lollipops and pommes frites (fancy name for YUMMY french fries) for appetizers. I'm a HUGE fan of fries and these were delish! Jared ordered the risotto with shrimp and I had the salmon. I didn't really like his risotto (but I also don't like shrimp) but my salmon was really good. And since after 9 years of marriage I'm such an awesome wife, I have a picture of Brittney and me, but none with my spouse!
Here we are, 2 Mormon gals, one being pregnant, enjoying what appear to be our double berry martinis - which by the way were VERY good. The fun thing about Spark is they specialize in NON-alcoholic specialty drinks and are a completely alcohol-free restaurant.
**For a complete, detailed review of Spark, check out my friend's blog, The Hungry Homemaker.
After a fabulous dinner, we headed to the BYU basketball game. Jared and I hadn't been to a game in years so it was a lot of fun, and they beat the other team by 40 points or something like that. So thanks, Miskins, for letting us tag along and celebrate with you. We had a great time!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't believe for one minute those were non-alcoholic. At least not Brittney's.

Juliann said...

How fun!!! And I can tell just by looking at them, how delish those "pommes frites" must be! Yum! Where is this restaurant? PS Love your shirt!