1 - my snow pants don't fit
2 - I really needed a break from my kids, and most importantly
3 - I really didn't want to go :)
The kids had a GREAT time though and while they were gone I was able to get all my Christmas decorations down and put away...including the tree.
For New Years Eve we ate homemade pizza, which was followed by ice cream. Yum!
We played a few rounds of the oh-so-exciting Candy Land
And the kids were thrilled to finally be playing with the glow wands that came in their Christmas stockings.
Mia was all too excited about staying up ALL night, and was very disappointed when she found out we didn't mean that literally. Bummer. We put Gavin to bed around 9:00 and he was out in no time. Around 10:00 Mia told me she was tired and I asked her if she wanted to go to bed. She said no (of course) and that a movie upstairs would be good for her. After starting the movie and heading back downstairs I completely expected her to fall asleep right away. But she REALLY wanted to stay up ALL night and at 11:20 she came downstairs to tell me her movie was over. She was really disappointed when I then woke Jared, who was sleeping on the couch (yes, the 4 year old outlasted her dad!), and told them both to go to bed. So I waited until midnight, watched the ball drop and rang in the new year solo. Happy 2010!
1 comment:
I'm impressed you pulled out some "gear" to be festive in. You can't have a New Year's Eve without wearing some gear! Sad you watched the ball drop on your own!! I wonder how late Camden will stay up next year?
Post a Comment