Saturday, March 20, 2010

Baby #3

Some thoughts (hopefully not too many complaints) about this pregnancy as it comes to an end.
*I started this a few weeks ago, and just got around to finishing...and as I think of more things about this pregnancy, I may add more. BUT, I'm running out of time. Only 5 more days!!!
*I really don't do the self-portrait thing well. The 2 pictures were taken by a friend who did pictures of the kids (to be posted soon!) and she took a few prego shots. I was about 31 weeks in the pictures.

*I've been blessed to feel really good. Up until 32 weeks, I really did good and Jared had said this was my best pregnancy yet. I told him to be prepared for me to make up for the lack of complaining I did in the first 32 weeks in the final 8 :)




*And I really still can't complain. I just feel, well...pregnant now :)



*I HATE itchy skin. My skin is always a little more itchy during pregnancy, and a dry Utah winter doesn't help. I think I've scratched my shins/calves and neck raw over the past months.



*I'm on track to gain the same amount of weight as I did with the first 2 pregnancies. Apparently, just like when I'm not prego, my body has a weight it likes to be at.



*Thankfully no morning sickness. 3 for 3 on that one which I will gladly and thankfully take!



*I don't remember being soooo tired towards the end of my pregnancies in the past. But I have been absolutely wiped out the past couple weeks. (I wrote this after this weekend. It really did do a number on my energy! Thankfully I did recover and haven't felt quite so exhausted the past few weeks!)



*Throughout the pregnancy I have measured exactly on at all my appointments. Until the past month, where I've been measuring from 1 to 2.5 weeks small. Watch I'll end up with a 9 lb baby :) I put a smiley there, but really...please no!

*I have a date to be induced (3 days before my due date) but am still undecided as to whether or not I will. Jared would prefer I go into labor on my own. I'm not opposed to this, but the planner in me is :)

*If I decide to not be induced (not likely) and go all the way til my due date my mother will be in Hawaii and my doctor on a family vacation. Did these 2 not get the memo that this is ALL ABOUT ME??? How dare they have lives of their owns :) *Update - I WILL be induced on the 25th...might as well have my doctor there if I can.

*I don't really get cravings, but my favorite late night snacks, during the 3rd tri especially, have been graham crackers (with milk, of course) and apples.

*My greatest maternity clothing find during this pregnancy - thigh highs. Which aren't even a "maternity" clothing item, but they are FABULOUS for pregnancy.
*I also discovered that full panel jeans really ARE the greatest! I wouldn't even go near them with that last 2 pregnancies. I thought they were for people who were bigger to begin with, got HUGE bellies while prego, or old people. What was I thinking?! Maybe this is a sign I'm getting older...

*I will be 39 weeks tomorrow, and at this point I know most people are sooooo ready to be done being pregnant and are just like, get this thing OUT of me! Surprisingly, I don't really feel that way right now. Sure, there are a lot of things about pregnancy I will gladly give up, but I'm still ok. Maybe it's because I still feel pretty good. Maybe (and most likely) it's because I think deep down I'm terrified of having a THIRD child, taking care of this little one (not to mention the 2 crazies that already keep me busy and on my toes), and everything else that goes with having a newborn.
*I dread getting back in shape. NOT. FUN. It just sucks. In fact, when I think about getting pregnant it's the big drawback, if you will, for me. Just the thought of having to get back in shape...ugh! I'm not talking losing the weight or looking good. I mean being in great physical health. Being able to run without it hurting. Being able to run more than a mile without thinking I'm going to die. Being able to do sit-ups and push-ups again without feeling like a complete wimp. It just goes on and on. It's hard work to get in shape, and it sucks knowing I'll be starting ALL over, from square one. Forget anything I've done in the past to be in shape. Yuck. And how in the world do I even find time/energy for ME with 3 kids?! On a health/body image side note...I actually do like my pregnant belly. It's the only time my stomach is ever firm and tight :)
*All that said, I am excited/anxious. What will this little girl look like? Will her name be Kara, or will we miraculously find a name that we both just love? Will she have a 6th finger or toe? (if you didn't know, Gavin was born with a 6th finger...but that's a whole 'nother story!) How much hair will she have? How big will she be? How will Mia and Gavin react? Will I survive (ha, ha...I don't really have a choice there; I have too!). Just 5 more days and all these questions will be answered!!! Well, maybe not the survival thing; that may take a few months for me to decide that, YES, I can do this. Wish me luck!!!

7 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I loved that---a great personal write up to wrap up your pregnancy. Love the 2 pictures you posted, too. And the whole thought of trying to find the time, energy and all that to get back in shape after pregnancy really DOES suck. And Kara is a beautiful name. Can't wait to see what you decide on.

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

What a sweet post. I love pregnancy shots and you look beautiful! You will love being induced! I was with both of my last two and it was heaven! I didn't even feel a contraction! I think as long as you are dilated somewhat then it isn't too big of a deal and since your body has done this before, it knows what to do. Good luck! I can't wait to see pics of baby Kara- or whatever her name may be!

Kelly said...

Those are great thoughts- I am glad you shared them! Kara will be a treasured addition to your two other crazies- good luck on Thursday- I will be thinking and praying she's not 9 pounds!! ha ha


PS- be thankful you are still young- having Celeste at 30 was a lot different than having Alex at 24- my body took longer to love again!
But knowing you, you could be in a bikini the day you get home with her- you look fabulous!!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Lane said...

cute pictures.

Ashby said...

WHAT! You don't get sick?!?!?! Can I go off in a corner right now and cry out of sheer jealousy?

BTW you look fantastic! Good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!