Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Only Boy

Gavin isn't even outnumbered...yet. But I sense he is already getting the raw end of the deal due to being the only boy child (not to mention he's the middle child).

His clothes are currently in plastic bins. His older sister takes up all the closet space in the bedroom they share, and his soon-to-arrive baby sister takes up all the space in the nursery.He now sleeps in the same room with his older sister (that part isn't bad...in fact he definitely prefers sleeping with her). But that room has periwinkle walls and flower hooks above his bed and there are no plans in the anywhere near future for it to become more gender neutral.And occasionally he is at risk of his hair being done by his loving, older sister. As of now he doesn't seem to mind...hopefully he doesn't resent us one day for this.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I just noticed that you are down to 10 days!!! WOW!! Time flies when you're not the one pregnant! Hope it went fast for you, because it sure did for me!!
If I don't comment before that, know we wish you luck and are looking forward to seeing pics of that sweet little gem you are going to pop out!!
Hang in there with 3- it DOES get easier....because at first, it won't be fun...ha ha!

Natalie said...

I've never found your blog until now. Gosh - you are closer than me! Lucky duck! I hear ya about the tupperwares for clothes and such - we just make do with what we've got. Flowers over his bed are totally cool. And that pink band was a brilliant idea. I wouldn't cover up those strips either...

Good luck in the next few days! :)

Katie said...

I think it might just always suck to have an older sister. Ryan plays polly pockets and barbies b/c he's told to. But don't worry, he loves it! I guess we need to get together a little more so the boys can play basketball together.