She was REALLY excited when I told her Tuesday night we were going on Wednesday. She couldn't wait to get her teeth "all sparkly clean!"
Thankfully for now she seems to have Jared's "good" teeth (not my crappy, cavity-filled, root-canaled, crown covered ones!). We are praying that all our kids have Jared's teeth and my eyes...that could save us some money if they do!
Mia also has an extra tooth. On the bottom, between the 2 pointy ones (pardon my lack of dental terminology), she has 5, instead of the 4. The best news we got was that it won't have to be pulled. It should just fall out like the rest. And even with the extra tooth there is still plenty of spacing between her teeth and the permanent ones are lined up correctly (and there's only 4 permanent ones!). Kinda crazy to see x-rays of her teeth and see the permanent ones just waiting there.
Mia did great the whole time and I had debated whether it was worth taking her to a pediatric dentist, as opposed to just the one we saw; I mean, I grew up going to the same dentist as everyone else and it was just fine...but holy cow was I amazed. I know there's lots of great ones out there, but we went to see Dr. DeHart, in Draper and it was worth the little extra drive! He was awesome and cracked me up because he was laughing the entire time...even when talking to me. I guess that's just the personality you have to have if you're going to work with kids :)
Mia was thrilled to have sparkly clean teeth and to get to choose what kind of balloon art she got to go home with!
1 comment:
I am a total believer in pediatric dentists, especially for my kids who do NOT like to have their teeth cleaned. Glad Mia had fun! She is so cute, I bet she's very excited for her new baby sister.
Post a Comment