Friday, February 5, 2010

YUM!

So last night I tried a new recipe - Neapolitan Baked Ziti (neapolitan because of the 2 sauces...a red and a white). It was yummy so I thought I'd share. But I'm too lazy to actually type it up, so here's the link:

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/neapolitan-baked-ziti/

It's from Rachael Ray and everyone but Mia liked it (but she doesn't like sauce on her pasta in general)

Here's some things I liked and a few changes I made, just FYI...
  • Nutmeg in the white sauce...YUM. Just added a touch of sweetness and flavor.
  • Pretty easy and didn't take too long to make.
  • I didn't use any of the fresh herbs. For the basil, I added about 1 1/2 TBS dried; for the nutmeg, I just added a dash; and I just used garlic powder.
  • All that yummy melted cheese on top :)
The only thing I really didn't like was that it requires 3 different pots to cook in :( Oh, and it didn't require me to use my salad shooter!

Hope you try it and enjoy it too!

There's also a link to a white chicken chili when you are on the page for the ziti...I'm going to try that one next week!

No comments: