Monday, February 8, 2010

I Should be Ashamed

But I'm not.

It was just one of those days where I had ZERO motivation. I asked Mia to go get dressed and she put on this dress that for a month straight I would put in my D.I. pile and she would get it out. I finally decided it wouldn't be bad to have a "play" dress that I didn't care what happened to it while she was wearing it. But, I usually like this dress to only be worn at home. Today it was not worth fighting over. Then I told her she needed tights and a sweater because we had some errands to run. This is what she came up with. And I took her out in public.
JUST - LIKE - THIS

Dark maroon dress, pink sweater, purple socks, and those "shoes". Yes, those are pink water shoes that she calls "slippers" and likes to wear everywhere. Sometimes we can kind of get away with it if she's wearing jeans. And we're going to a neighbor's house. But with this get-up?!

And last, but not least, let's not forget that hair. I did quickly run a comb through it, just so I could say I did in fact at least brush through my child's hair today (although to be perfectly honest, before the comb and after didn't look much different!). I can only imagine what people in the store were thinking.

We all have these days, right?!

Here's hoping I can get my act together for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yes, we all have those days...I always said I would pick my battles- and I always chose to fight this one- until Leah was 3 and fighting was all we did over clothes- so I caved and let her go about picking her own stuff...I would say that it is a good thing she is so cute, or she could never get away with that- and you can say the same thing- she is darling no matter what she wears! And trust me, soon she will start to care about what she looks like in public- but for now, oh well!

Coombs Family said...

I feel like this is us everyday lately. Avery always wants to pick her own shoes and they NEVER match. Oh well...

Natalie Wright said...

Love it!
What about the days when WE dress like that? I have see a few moms out there in pretty much the same outfit.