Monday, April 12, 2010
Birthday Tradition
I love every year when my birthday comes around and a package from my parents arrives on the doorstop. And although I do love surprises, that's not why I love it. In fact, I know EXACTLY what will be in the box each and every year. China.
When I was married I registered for some china. Jared thought it was ridiculous. He still does. And of course I think I got maybe one place setting for our wedding. But that was ok, because I knew I would be getting more. Every year on my birthday. Jared also thinks this is ridiculous, but I sweetly remind him that he can't complain. My parents aren't getting him china for his birthday!
So little by little, year by year, I add to my collection. Some years my parents do surprise me by sending something other than a place setting...like a platter or serving dishes. We don't pull it out all that often, but I LOVED that last year on Christmas Eve I had enough place settings for all 8 adults that came for dinner! And my parents love that they don't have to think when it comes to a birthday gift for me (the same goes for 3 of my other sisters too!) So thanks once again mom and dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a fun birthday! You have really pretty china. I'm also still working on getting all my china too. That is a great idea your parents had!
Those are beautiful- and what a great gift!! I would totally love that and yes, Dana, much like Jared would think it is ridiculous! He could eat off paper plates for every meal- what a weirdo! Love it and glad your b-day was good- My birthday is just 3 weeks from Leah's, so I had a birthday just like you did!
Post a Comment