Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sharing

Yesterday morning Mia went to a primary activity for all the young kids at our church. As they left, each child was able to pick 2 pieces of candy. Mia started digging through the bowls and chose some nerds and then said, "Mom, I want 4 pieces of candy."

I quickly told her no, not wanting others to hear my greedy childs request, then she said, "But there are 4 people in our family. I want to get a candy for everyone in our family."

I love when my kids totally catch me by surprise by doing or saying something completely unexpected.

I commended Mia for her thoughtfulness but then told her it still wouldn't be fair because all the other kids only get to take 2 candies. She put the nerds back in the bowl and started digging around again until she found 2 starburst packs. She left the church with a big ol' grin on her face.

In the car on the way home she said, "Mom, do you know why I wanted the starburst? Because I wanted to share with my WHOLE family. I love my family!" As soon as we got home, she opened the starbursts, chose a color for each person, and then passed them out and was so excited about getting to share with her family.She is one cute and thoughtful little girl (when she wants to be!)

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

Love it! What a cute girl.

Katie Lane said...

That is adorable. what a sweetie!