Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July

Since the 4th was on Sunday, we got to celebrate on the 3rd and the 4th. And then Jared got the 5th off! Wahoo! Saturday evening we headed over to Thanksgiving Point to enjoy the firework show. We started with a yummy JCW's picnic dinner (I think this will need to become a tradition) and then killed time by painting fingernails, walking around, playing frisbee, and Mia, Gavin and Jared went on a wagon/cart ride around the park.The only "downside" to the night was the weather. It wouldn't have been cold if the wind hadn't been blowing soooo much! We all bundled up, wrapped ourselves up in our blankets and used our chairs and stroller as a wind barrier (which actually helped a lot more that I would have thought). We took a family picture during the show. Of course the kids wouldn't look at the camera. They all loved the show, even Tessa, who woke up just as it started and had her eyes glued to the sky the entire time!
Sunday the kids got all ready for church, wearing their red, white, and blue.
Nice pose, kid!For the record, this is Mia and Tessa's first (of what will be many) matching outfits.
Sunday evening, just before dusk we met some neighbors and enjoyed the evening together. We had lots of snacks and treats and just hung out and watched the fireworks everyone had provided. The only mishap was when Jared almost landed a firework right on the little neighbor girl. I've never seen this little girl move soooo fast!!! Good one, Jared.
There were LOTS of sparklers to go around...

13 kids, all 6 and under trying to do sparklers...there was a lot of parental monitoring going on!!!This is what the 4th of July should look like! Great friends/neighbors all hanging out together!
Gavin decided he did not like the loud ones! After the first really loud ones he tried to run home. I convinced him to come sit with me and he covered his ears almost the rest of the night!
Mia thought the "show" was the greatest. All the little girls were really cute and would cheer for their daddy's as they lit fireworks! Between everyone we had a LOT of fireworks! It was a perfect ending to a great holiday!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun time you all had! I can't believe it was so cold there- it was HOT here- we were dying- shedding layers- the humidity was like a blanket for us- YUCK!! I love the girls' outfits- match them while you can- my girls just stopped- Leah moved up a size and now it is very difficult- plus she is not into matching with her little sister anymore- boo hoo!
Great display of fireworks, and great pics!!

Kandice Antonino said...

You got some great pictures! They are so cute and i love the 4th of July outfits!!

Kandice Antonino said...

You got some great pictures! They are so cute and i love the 4th of July outfits!!

Juliann said...

Super cute, festive outfits! And I love Mia's pose. You're so lucky you get to light your own fireworks....I remember those fun times. Silly California.

marissa said...

That looks like so much fun! Our kids were bummed we couldn't light our own, but they loved the big show too. I love Jared's new billboard. My kids would be so excited if their daddy had his own billboard!

Katie said...

Love the 4th of July clothes! They all look adorable!