Swim Lessons
Mia and Gavin both did 2 sessions of swim lessons at the Pleasant Grove Pool this year. The PG pool is not the closest; in fact there are at least 2 pools closer. But I had heard all good things about it and was really pleased. In BOTH Gavin's sessions, there were 4 kids and 2 teachers! And Mia didn't have more than 4 kids in either session.Mia really did great. 4, almost 5 was just a great age to really take off and make great strides. .JPG)
During her second session, in level 3 they started to learn how to dive. Hilarious! It was my favorite thing to watch. And even though she belly flopped every time, she was the best one in her class and actually attempted to go head first :).jpg)
The last day of classes is "slide day". Of course the kids were so excited about this! Trying to figure out when your kid would be coming down and then timing it right wasn't the easiest (not to mention also trying to keep an eye on the baby in the stroller), therefore no picture of Gavin on the slide!
And on the last day of level 3, the kids got to jump off the diving board! And then they would have to "swim" to their teacher. Mia was really excited about this, but her steps got really small and a little slower as she edged closer to the end of the board :) But she did it and did great!
Gavin was about the most hilarious/ridiculous this to watch over the 2 sessions. I had originally signed him up for the preschool class because he's never done lessons. But as I read the class "agenda" I realized I was paying for him to splash around, and get comfortable in the water. Umm...my kids are water babies. They LOVE the water. They have NO fear of the water. So the day before the first session started, I called and put him in level 1 instead. As far as skills to be learned, it was the right class for him. But he was by far the smallest, and probably youngest and he hardly listened to anything his teachers said! And since he has ZERO fear of the water, he was just diving under and splashing around all the time. I was constantly hearing, "Gavin, keep your head above the water!". I'm pretty sure his teachers thought he was going to drown. It just made me laugh though.
Blowing bubbles, or drinking all the water??? And don't you just love the boy with the giant goggles?!
The last day of swim lessons. Gavin's class, combined with 2 0r 3 others.
Mia just LOVED her lessons! Playing "Alligator, Alligator, what time is it?"
.JPG)
Gavin with his teachers from the last session.
I seriously cannot say enough about how great the instructors were. For being a bunch of HS kids, they were so kind and patient with the kids and actually taught them something!
Mia and Gavin with Clari...she was Gavin's teacher the first session, and Mia's the second. I LOVED her. Like, I wish I lived in the same neighborhood as her and could ask her to babysit for me. Seriously. And the kids loved her too!
4 comments:
You have such little fish!! Love that they are good little swimmers so early! Great thing to have! Love the pics!
OK, goggle boy?? I'm dying. You need to crop that picture, and just get him in it, and blow it up. Hilarious.
And of course I loved all the other pics, too!
So cute. We loved swimming lessons this year. Looks like great classes with good teachers. BTW, thanks for the invite the other day. Sorry I never called back! We had fam reun. mayham going on. Hope you guys had fun. We still need to have a BBQ. We should do it for the first Y game. Miss you guys!
I think your kids can swim better than my kids.....actually I know it by looking at the pictures. I really need to do swimming lessons soon. Goggle boy made me laugh out loud. So funny!
Post a Comment