Thursday, September 23, 2010

St. George

Trying to finish up our St. George trip over the weekend of the 10th - 12th of September.  On Saturday we spent the day hiking around St. George.  We started the morning checking out some nearby petroglyphs.  It was a lot of fun to walk around and see them everywhere!

Just a small sampling of what we saw

Gavin and Mia next to the goats(?)

Well, there's the group...too bad half aren't looking at the camera :)


After the petroglyphs, we headed back home, rested, fed Tessa, fixed a picnic lunch, and were off to meet Uncle Micah and go on another hike (I think it was the Red Cliffs National Park???).  Anyway, we had a super delicious picnic lunch and then we were off in the heat of the day.  I LOVE hiking around Southern Utah among the red rock.  It is so beautiful.

Mia and Gavin sitting in front of the "elephant" tree.

The hike was fun, but eventually we got to a part that was not so kid (or baby) friendly.  Grandpa went to explore ahead and while he was gone the kids found and started playing with some little frogs.  They were entertained by these frogs for a looong time!  Thank goodness!


The final BIG highlight of our weekend was Grandma's clock.  Yes, I said clock.  They have large clock in their entry way and on the hour it not only plays different music, but it opens up and rotates around (I realize that doesn't make any sense, but it really was cool).  The kids LOVED it, begged Grandma to play the music (there was a manual setting as well), and EVERY hour that they heard it, they dropped whatever they were doing and RAN to the clock.  Who knew a clock could be so exciting?!

Mesmerized by the clock :)

PS - I'm really struggling with bloggers new editing "stuff".  Anyone else???

No comments: