Friday started by all the oldest grandkids going swimming with Grandma at an indoor pool that has a play structure and slide. By "oldest" I simply mean "non-baby". Since Tessa had just gone down for a nap, Grandpa stayed home and took care of her. And baby Colby was with his Grandma Fairbourn while poor, really sick Melissa was getting some much needed TLC! The kids had sooo much fun. There was a big blue slide and NO life guard, so the kids had a blast going down when and how they pleased. This was especially exciting for Gavin and Summer (the 3 year olds) who both came down head first, on their bellies their first time with the BIGGEST grins! So cute! But I did tell them they needed to go feet first from then on. Thank goodness for life jackets and Grandma and I waiting at the bottom for them :)
What about Jared, you ask? Oh, he was out on a dirt bike all morning and afternoon with Dan and their friend Rick. Now Jared is searching KSL and craigslist for a dirt bike. I told him he would have to sell a few unused "toys" first! Anybody looking to buy a kayak???
We barely had time to eat lunch, shower and get ready before it was time to start getting dinner ready. As soon as we decided we would be heading to St. George I told Jared we were still doing fondue on Christmas Eve. With the help of Jared's parents we had a YUMMY dinner. Annette even made the most PERFECT and DELICIOUS homemade rolls! They were gone way too soon!
Cute little Tessa feasted on Cheerios
Micah, Dan, Melissa and kids
Table #2 - our family plus Grandma & Grandpa (and yes...Gavin was wearing jammies to dinner!)
Oh how I just LOVE our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of beef fondue! Thanks Mom & Dad for starting my absolute FAVORITE tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment