For 6 years I've had this big, blank wall in my kitchen. I finally did something about it. My inspiration came from here. I even emailed her and asked her a question about it. She promtly responded. Made me feel like we were friends :)
I started with a 4x10 piece of metal (that's feet people...and it was 1 giant piece of metal!). My fabulous neighbor was kind enough to cut it for me and I found some friends who would want to buy the other half. Worked out great. Then Jared (who I ended up using a LOT more than I had promised him for this project) drilled that sucker onto the wall. Yeah, if we move this thing is not coming with.
Then 2 coats of primer...A hot handyman to help attach the frame around the edge...(after 4 coats of chalkboard paint. BTW, if any of you out there want to do a little project with chalkboard paint I've got plenty to spare! Serious.)
And some paint. Which I don't LOVE the color and it doesn't look great. But for now it's done.
7 comments:
Love it!!!
It looks awesome!
Wow. That is seriously amazing. I am so impressed, and I totally love the red frame! Great job!!!
I think it looks awesome! I love chalkboard! It looks like it belongs in there- and I love how "simple" it was !! Ha ha!
now you just need those awesome chalk markers they use in restaurants! It looks awesome I can't wait to do mine!
very impressed, and very cute. Will you be writing on it AND hanging things fROM IT? SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, CAMDEN keeps pushing THE button!
So cool! I love that!!!
Post a Comment