Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...

Since we drove home to Washington this year for Thanksgiving we decided to take advantage of, well...Washington, and its abundance of trees.  Not to mention you can CUT your own without having to have a Griswold family experience and it is CHEAP.  You pick a kind of tree and pay one flat rate ($15), whether your tree is 5 feet or 15 feet.  Awesome.

On the hunt for the perfect tree
We found it!  (too bad the top is cut off in the picture.  But considering the picture was taken by our 9 year old "friend" who walked around the entire tree farm with us...I'm just grateful no heads were cut off!)
My dad came with us because although I did live there for 20 years, there is NO way I would have found this place!  He also came in very handy when it was time to cut, move and put the tree on top of the car!
It took us almost 20 hours to drive home because of weather.  The last thing we wanted to do at almost midnight was set up a tree.  So this was our solution for the night...
Barely fit in our garage!

2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Sweeeet!!! The fun family experience for a great price! PS--I totallt LOVE your chalkbard wall!!!

Cothran Family said...

I'm so jealous! I want a NW tree. Here you would pay $70 for that tree. Break a needle and smell it for me :)