Gavin will do anything Mia asks/tells him to. Anything she has or does, he wants the same. Case in point...
me: Gavin, do you want grilled cheese for lunch?
G: Is Mia having grilled cheese?
me: Gavin, do YOU want grilled cheese?
G: But is Mia having grilled cheese?
(repeat 3x)
And he will NOT give me an answer until I have told him that yes, Mia IS having grilled cheese.
Scenarios such as this are a common occurrence, but THIS one takes the cake...
Around 5:00 the other morning Mia came into my room (with little brother trailing right behind) because she had wet the bed. awesome.
As I took the kids back into their room I asked Gavin if he had to go to the bathroom. His answer...no. Then I just told him to go to the bathroom. His answer...no.
I put Gavin in bed and while I was changing Mia's jammies I asked Gavin again if he needed to go to the bathroom. Again, he said no. I changed Mia's sheet, grabbed any wet blankets etc, and as I was just finishing up Gavin looked me RIGHT in the eye and said,
"I going pee-pees"
WHAT?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME LITTLE BOY?!
I grabbed that boy out of his bed and practically threw him in the bathroom. But sure enough, he had already pee'd.
You should've seen the boys face. Yes, he knew mom was not happy and there was a hint of fear, but behind it all - pure JOY I tell you. He was thrilled to be getting new, dry jammies in the middle of the night too! And then he insisted that his sheet was wet and that I change that. But, since it was just the slightest bit wet on the edge I said no and waited til the sun was shining to take care of it. He was NOT too happy about that, but hey...mini victory for mom.
What are we going to do with that little boy?!
I'll tell ya what we're going to do...we are going to pray that SOMEHOW Mia turns into the most mild-mannered, ALWAYS helpful and obedient child and teenager and that Gavin will continue to follow suit.
Looks like I'll be spending a LOT of time on my knees. Or I need to come up with a really good plan B.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

2 comments:
HA! HA!!...maybe not so funny for you, but for me, hilarious.
I was LAUGHING, when I read about Gavin! Wait till you catch him peeing in the yard for all the neighbors to see! I love your Christmas pictures or should I say, family pic's. Did you get those done professionally or is there a spot by you house that we could copy cat you guys on? I can't believe how Tessa has grown up! We don't see those kiddos enough! I just met Colby for the first time this week! I'm realizing the drive isn't THAT far! :)
Post a Comment