Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, New Motto

This past year I came across this post on one of my favorite blogs. 

Go.  Read it.  Now.  You'll be glad you did.

I won't be making any resolutions this year.  Their dumb anyway...I mean, who really keeps them or thinks twice about them after 2 months?  And all you people who are now crowding me at the gym - GO HOME!  I'm serious.  I was there ALL last year.  I kept going during the holidays when  you were "too busy" to get some exercise.  Now you decide you want to use your gym membership just because it's January and I am stuck waiting for a treadmill.  I'm all for good health, and taking care of yourself, but seriously, do it at home.  Or wait til April...

ok, where was I?  Oh yeah.  Jamie's motto for 2011...

Will I Regret This?

Will I regret leaving the dirty dishes and reading to my kids instead?
Will I regret taking some time for me each day, to better myself physically and/or spiritually?
Will I regret laughing at the little messes my kids make rather than yelling at them?
Will I regret taking the time to do little things for Jared that will mean a lot to him but might seem meaningless to me?
Will I regret enjoying every smile, giggle, and new phase as Tessa continues to grow waaay too quickly?

You get the idea.

I'm pretty sure that if I ask myself this question on a continual basis, and think about the outcome I want to achieve as a wife, mother, and for ME...it's going to be a good year!

Here's to 2011 and NO REGRETS!

*And when I've forgotten about this, come April...please remind me :)

**Or even better, if you're one of my crafty, creative friends, why don't you make me a cute sign with this on it?!

2 comments:

Katie Lane said...

that post was great and this post was great. i have an extra white board you could have, come over and we'll paint your motto on it.

Kandice Antonino said...

Alright craft night for Jan. (remember we were going to start these . . .) is your motto on a glass block to leave sitting out in your kitchen all year long!
Done and Done!