Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Additions

I’ve recently made some additions to my kitchen. 

First, I got some inspiration from here and decided I could make these (and by “me”, I totally mean my husband; with the help of many friends and their tools!)

They turned out great.P1020483It’s amazing how for 6 years it never bothered me that this wall was completely bare.  Now, after a few weeks, I can’t imagine a bare wall there.  Unfortunately, since this is me we’re talking about, and I have zero decorating skills, they will be empty for another 6 months :)P1020480

A big thing on my list of things to change in my kitchen over the last while has been to get rid of this lovely piece…P1020489Besides just being so outdated, it just became a place to hold junk (I didn’t even bother to clean it off before taking a picture…).  That being said, it really was a convenient place for diapers, hair stuff, and hats/gloves that were easily accessible to the kids (which also meant they were accessible to our littlest munchkin who was always pulling everything out.  That was getting really old!).

I’ve been searching for that “right” piece for a bit and found it last week!P1020501Talk about an instant improvement!  Now I’m looking for a shelf to hang above and possibly a horizontal hanging mirror just below the shelf.  Ooh, I’m excited about this though!P1020502

5 comments:

David and Jana said...

Cute, cute bench!

Katie Lane said...

love love it all.
that bench is awesome.

Kelly said...

What a cool piece! Can't wait to see what you do above it!!

Kandice Antonino said...

Love the bench and now you can HIDE the junk in it!

Juliann said...

But where is my plant going to go now??? 10 years later...

I do love your new additions. Still haven't seen your chair seat covers. ahemmm...