Corfu was just beautiful. That’s about all I have to say about that.
The first place we went was The Old Fortress.
We were the last group in and were given just 15 minutes to hike to the top and be back down. We didn’t have much time at the top, but so glad we made it. The views were beautiful. The water crystal clear.![]()
Jason/Colleen, Jared/Jamie, Josh/Katherine![]()
After the Old Fortress we wandered, saw amazing buildings, and beautiful views![]()
Then I got mad about something, did a little pouting, and then made myself feel better with a gigantic and delicious crepe – which I didn’t share! ![]()
With only an hour till the last shuttle back to the ship, we stumbled upon The New Fortress![]()
This picture is taken from the top of the New Fortress, and across the way you can see the Old Fortress, where we had to catch our shuttle.
We thought it would take us 30 minutes to get back, so we rushed through the New Fortress. It was really neat, and a little creepy. Creepy, because we were the ONLY people there. And after spending a week of having zero personal space being just the 2 of us was strange. More on the creepiness in a bit…
Those couches just didn’t make sense to me. I think this area of the castle must be used as a bar or something![]()
Heading to the top of the fortress![]()
And then we headed down, down and down. ![]()
And it started getting darker, darker, and darker.
This picture says it all…I wasn’t so sure about this![]()
But Jared decided to wander off by himself to pitch dark areas. He took the following pictures so that he could see what was in front of him.![]()
And I was left in this area all by myself. This is when it started getting really creepy.
I kept thinking that some crazy could totally be down there, kill the both of us, hide us back in some dark area and NO one would EVER know what happened to us.
But thankfully that didn’t happen. That may be because quickly after my mind started running wild I started yelling for Jared to get back. now.
I was certainly happy to see daylight again. And though it didn’t quite take us 30 minutes to get back to our shuttle, we did catch the last one back. I think I would have been ok being stuck in Corfu though.
No comments:
Post a Comment