Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dubrovnik, Croatia

What?!  I’m not done with this trip yet???  No worries, this is it folks.  And I will be happy to start blogging just about life again (and playing catch-up for the last 6 weeks I’ve missed while procrastinating blogging about this trip!)

Our last port on our cruise was to Dubrovnik, Croatia.  Before we go forward, I would just like to mention that while on this trip I had to show my passport in FOUR different countries, yet only got it stamped twice.  Boo. 

Anyway, back to Croatia (who did NOT stamp my passport!).  It was beautiful.  Dubrovnik is known for it’s walled city.  Literally, a city built within a fortress.  We walked around the walled city for a bit and then took a cable car up the mountain to check out the view.

Jared, Jason & Colleen in the cable carP1030264

The walled cityP1030268

Back within the city, we spent most of our time wandering around and checking out beautiful buildings, architecture, scenery, and walking a lot of stairsP1030259

P1030278

P1030276

P1030283

P1030253

P1030275

P1030282

Throughout this entire trip, Jared was determined to swim somewhere in the Mediterranean.  Well, since this was our last stop, this was it.  Thankfully it was a warm day and we were able to find a beach where he was not the only one from our cruise ship that was thinking the same thing.

Jared in the Adriatic SeaP1030284

P1030285

One of the entrances into the walled city…coming back after Jared’s swimP1030287

P1030288

P1030293

One last view of the DubrovnikP1030270

Then it was back to the cruise ship, one last night on board and then up early when we arrived back in Venice to go home!  What a wonderful and amazing trip!

1 comment:

marissa said...

Well it looks like an amazing vacation. I can't believe you got to see ALL of those places! Very cool. Why didn't you swim with Jared? Where was your adventurous side? It must have been too cold huh? :)